Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box showing blank screen

Dottie31
Joining in

Good evening

i have a 8k Samsung tv, virgin have upgraded my TiVo box to the 360

when u set it up I can here it but have a blank screen, I have had 2 engineers but no one can seem to fix it, they are telling my tv is not compatible, I have even bought a 8k hdmi cable and that has not helped.

can anyone help me or I will have to end my virgin and move to sky

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Dave,

I assume that when starting up the box displays the welcome screen in a low resolution so any TV will display that message and during the process of installing the software it then checks the native resolution of the screen and sets the output accordingly, but what happens when AFAIK the 360 only can only output 4K is it only able to recognize TV's up to 4K correctly or can it recognize 8K and then set the output to 4K ?

I would have hoped that after 2 engineers at least one would have tried a direct connection and a different HDMI cable and also changing the resolution settings.

Maybe it is a TV compatibility problem, let's see what the third engineer can do.

Hi dave
unfortunately I do not have any other equipment plugged in but I did get support from Samsung who remoted in and connected my laptop and that showed on the screen 

I am not sure if the 8k hdmi cable is a fibre optic one?

I am at a total loss

fingers crossed for the 3rd engineer, if he cannot fix it, I will have to disconnect and find another provider 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dottie31 

Sorry to keep you runninga round in circles.

Hopefully the VM techs have tried a new 360 box, if not they should.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Fingers crossed 

Hi Dottie31,

How did it go today, do you now have a working 360 and 8K TV ?

If you do was it a replacement box or something else.

Roy

Hi roy

they replaced the box and the welcome screen came on but then I got a blank screen again, I can hear it but cannot see it 😳 they are still staying the tv is not comparable the the 360 cannot support 8k. They have asked me to ring Samsung to see if we can change the resolution on the tv, not sure if that will work 😳

looks like I will have to terminate from virgin which is a shame after being a customer for 15yrs

if this is the case virgin will lose a lot of customers if they cannot keep up with technology 

thank you for your support

Hi Dottie31,

Sorry to hear today's visit didn't go well, as I am sure your TV is capable of upscaling lower resolution signals which it must be doing if you can see the welcome screen then I would have thought if the engineer changed the resolution setting from automatic to 1080 or 4K using his monitor then you should have been OK.

If it is a case of the 360 detects a 8K TV and switches off the video then it's a lack of foresight from Virgin.

Possibly start a new thread asking if anyone has a 8K TV working with the 360.

Have you considered it could be your TV? From a Google search I see other Samsung Qled 8K owners are getting a blank screen with audio. There are also YouTube videos covering this problem. Can you access non VM content such as the native streaming apps on your TV?

Hi

yes I can get Netflix, Disney and prime.

yes I am starting to think that so not sure what virgin are going to do

Dottie31
Joining in

Hello everyone

Does anyone have a 360 box and have it connected and working on a 8k tv