Menu
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box remote

@Ernie_C     Thanks for your comment.   Regards dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Update on progress of Issue.     The engineer who installed my 360 tv box asked me to text him as soon as my replacement remote had arrived to let him know if it rectified the issue I am having. The new remote arrived but didn't solve the issue I was having. I informed the engineer and he is calling on Friday 16th October to replace the 360 box. Warm regards to everyone who gave there time in offering help.     dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

A senior engineer called this morning to check what I thought was a fault on my 360 box. Everdently in tv guide when a program is half way through you double click the channel where it gives you the option to watch live or watch from start. I reported that I had to double click every channel to view them and replicated the issue with the original virgin installer. Initially it was thought that the remote was faulty and a replacement remote was sent. The senior engineer said it was normal on the 360 box, though I think having to double click a channel to view it is a step backwards. I'm still not convinced that double clicking a channel in tv guide is normal but I'm no engineer and have to go off what I'm told to be correct by the engineer.  Thanks to all who commented     dozer167

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I think you have been misinformed or misunderstood.

A single click on OK in the Guide will give the option to watch live or watch from the start. FACT.

The second click chooses the first option to watch live.

That applies only to shows that are currently on.

If you single click OK on a program which is not currently being broadcast, you go to the channel live.

This is all logical, giving you the option to restart a program that has already started.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C         At random when I single click on a channel to view the channel doesn't appear, that's my point, I have to double click every channel I wish to view twice in the tv guide.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Update:     Not being happy that I still have to press ok twice in tv guide on most channels to view program, I have another engineer coming on Tuesday next week to sort it.  My daughter has a 360 box installed and she only has to press ok once on a channel in tv guide for the channel to change or display watch live or watch from start. This next engineer visit will decide whether I stay with Virgin or move over to sky if the issue isn't resolved.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Finally resolved                  Virgin engineer called today and replaced the 360 box and remote and now everything is working perfectly.

Tuning in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanka for this. We recently had acTV outage, now fixed, but since then my remote does not seem to communicate with the 360 box except to tirn the TV on and asjust volume. In fact it will not even start the box up from standby mode. I tried resynching aa you described TV and zro buttons, to no effect.  However I can  can control the box via Virgin Go on my mobile.  Any insights on this? Am getting nowhere with Virgin customer service and their bot over the past few days.....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried replacing the batteries?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes, had tried all the usual checks, and today finally got help from Virgin customer service. After further online testing they concluded that like you, I need an engineer visit, now booked!
0 Kudos