Menu
moi68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

360 box recordings

Sometimes when I go to resume watching something I have recorded it starts from the beginning again and not where I had watched it to the last time.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box recordings

It should only do this if you left it near the beginning or near the end, like V6 did.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think you need to watch about 3 minutes at the start and at the end if you get that close you have watched it all as far as the 360 is concerned, it can't take into account that the programme may have started late.

0 Kudos
moi68
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Some of the things are half way through.

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I used to get a problem like that but I thought it had been fixed in the 4.29 update. The problem seemed to be how you stopped a recording you were watching, if I used the return / back button and then pressed it again before going to live TV I then had the continue watching option, if I stopped the recording by pressing TV to go to live TV I wouldn't get the continue watching option. As I say I thought it had been fixed in 4.29 because I don't have this problem now.

0 Kudos
MissyLeMoo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same issues. Only had the Virgin 360 box for a couple of weeks and it does this on most recordings, no matter whether I’m 20 mins in or over an hour. It is driving me mad - having to fast forward and remember where I was up to on something I might have started a few days back. 🤯🤯

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@MissyLeMoo wrote:

I am having exactly the same issues. Only had the Virgin 360 box for a couple of weeks and it does this on most recordings, no matter whether I’m 20 mins in or over an hour. It is driving me mad - having to fast forward and remember where I was up to on something I might have started a few days back. 🤯🤯

Hi Missy,

How are stopping the recordings you are watching, is there anything relevant in my answer above ?

0 Kudos
MissyLeMoo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roy 

Thanks for your response. 
I normally just keep pressing the back button to get back to live tv. Well, I think that’s what I mostly do anyway. 
I don’t understand it - a program I watched part of yesterday, will let me watch from where I was up to. 
A program me & my husband watched after tea is making me go back to the start. 
it’s just really strange - it’s taking some getting used to anyway as we had Sky for a long time but this is just getting frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is your box on version 4.29 or 4.30 software, if you press Home, Settings, Info, it will say "What's new in version 4.xx?", just wondering if the bug has come back in 4.30.

Roy.

0 Kudos
MissyLeMoo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It says 4.29...

0 Kudos