Menu
ms6282
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box feedback

Should add I appreciate other users taking time to help solve problems,.

virgin should be doing this though. We pay them enough

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The TVGo app works fine with remote setting of recordings for me (Android Version).  Have set a few that way by hitting record from the guide page (record icon in the image for Homes Under the Hammer that @dannylau posted)

You are correct, however, in that the TVControl app doesn't work with the 360 - it's only for the V6/Tivo.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

A lot of useful info on the Ziggo site (Dutch equivalent of Virgin Media also owned by Libert Global).  It's all in Dutch though but if you use Google Chrome it'll translate the pages for you. (RIght click on page and select "Translate into English")

They use the same boxes and TVgo app (it's just called Media Box Next)

https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/mediaboxen/mediabox-next#ziggo-tv

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hello @ms6282 

This is why it is a community based forum, if you require a VM staff member to answer then you will have to wait several days, as they are dealing with posts oldest first and are quite busy.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ms6282
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate assistance from forum members. But I play quite a lot to Virgin yet the basic information on how to use their products Is sadly lacking. They rely on others volunteering their time for nowt to sort stuff out. They must be laughing as they bank their profits

chrisstoneham
Tuning in
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I cannot read the text of the TV programmes list, as it is too small.   Also, can i turn off the "logos" of the programmes, as they are too indistinct to read the channel titles.

0 Kudos
Peter_D
Dialled in
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Similar problems here..

Guide font is too small and generally dissatisfied with what is clearly an inferior product to the V6 box. 

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@ms6282 wrote:

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button Favorites stick unlike the tivo

Yes, it was so incredibly annoying that this simple issue was never going to be addressed on the V6. Sometimes I'd go back into the guide and my favourites would still be selected, other times it would have reverted back to all channels.

And, related, is the ability to reorder channels in a way that makes sense to me. Thumbs up for that.

I've also found so far that I'm less likely to click on a programme in the guide that has not yet started or has already ended. That might just be me though.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The thing that shocks me most is nobody has mentioned reminders, it was such a big deal for people with the Tivo, now they're back and nobody has mentioned it, I never used them even in the days before you could record, but some people really want them 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

V6 box was far better than the 360 that can’t even record just  new programs or series . 

0 Kudos