Menu
DT17
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 box and LG tv-not working together

Ta again. Looked them up on Amazon and cost approx £99-139, so will give them a miss for the moment.

Back to Virgin by the looks of it-if I can ever get through, that is.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you get through you will told that the work you want done is off the agenda at the moment. If you have a working VM connection VM will not carry out discretionary work to install a second outlet, while the virus emergency is ongoing. I said this in my earlier post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DT17
Tuning in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to get through to Engineer support. They’re sending someone out to me this Fri pm. They said it doesn’t need to have a coax extension, but should be able to be connected into the tv away from the router and just connected with wi-fi.

I tried doing that-and I normally know how to connect devices to wi-fi, but nothing was showing up on the tv screen to choose the wi-fi option, so I was snookered.

Anyway, I will report on what they do on Fri and hope it works.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It won't just be a miracle if this works, it'll be a sign that the normal laws of physics have been overturned spectacularly. I stopped believing in fairies when I was 7 years old. I've heard drivel from VM but this beats it all. All VM boxes need a coax connection to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Well-informed
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DT17 wrote:

I have managed to get through to Engineer support. They’re sending someone out to me this Fri pm. They said it doesn’t need to have a coax extension, but should be able to be connected into the tv away from the router and just connected with wi-fi.

I tried doing that-and I normally know how to connect devices to wi-fi, but nothing was showing up on the tv screen to choose the wi-fi option, so I was snookered.

Cheers.

If he gets you live TV without a coax connection to the 360 box I would let him pick your lottery numbers as well.

NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@DT17 wrote:

Cheers.

Welcome to the world of VM customer service. You would think they would know what they are talking about but I guess you got the overseas version of CS who appear to know nothing.

roy247
Well-informed
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

@DT17 wrote:

Cheers.

Welcome to the world of VM customer service. You would think they would know what they are talking about but I guess you got the overseas version of CS who appear to know nothing.

Maybe they work for Sky as well and get their information mixed up about which products are WiFi and the ones that aren't.

DT17
Tuning in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I said I’d report back on the engineer’s visit today to get my 360 box working.

He confirmed that there needed to be a coax cable to the box, so I needed the present one to be extended from the front of the house to the back where the tv is sited+ the box to be moved there and connected to the tv by an HDMI cable. Just as many said in their replies. Thanks again for those.

He said the Customer Service people don’t know what they’re talking about-as many of you also said. I wonder why they don’t employ engineers who no longer want to go out on the road to talk to customers? I can probably answer this-cost?-but it would give a better service instead of the rubbish I got from Customer Service.

I was expecting him to say they weren’t doing any coax connections at the moment because of Covid-as one reply post said was the case at present. However, he said it was no problem and put a new cable all round one side of the house and fixed everything so it was working in under an hour. Whoopee!! He was brilliant.

Once again-thanks to everyone who replied to me. It was great to be put on the right track.

I’ll end this post here as it’s sorted now.

roy247
Well-informed
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I hope you enjoy it, dare I ask if you have gone for UHD.

0 Kudos
DT17
Tuning in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We got an LG55CX OLED 55 inch 4K tv (2020 model). It was recommended by Techradar and a lot of other sites. There was £500 off compared with its 2020 start price-John Lewis-mind you, still expensive. Presume the price drop is because 2021 models are on the way.

My budget won’t stretch to an 8K-still ridiculous prices there at the moment.

Anyway, we’re pleased. Much better than our old 10 year old Panasonic!

0 Kudos