cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Upgrade - CS2400 and CS2200

Coach2013
Tuning in

Got the email to upgrade and get a new controller which came and the box ran an upgrade automatically and now it’s completely unusable. 

The recordings won’t play, just crashes and shows error CS2200

When trying to watch apps we get error CS2400

When we try to watch things on catch up it completely freezes. 

We phoned Virgin and was told they can’t help us and that we’ll get a call from another team in 5-10 days!!! 

We tried resetting it but it doesn’t make a difference.

Can we just go back to the old version or get help sooner? 

13 REPLIES 13

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Hi @chrisjames, thanks for reaching out to us here. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the recordings 😞
May I ask if it is football only? Or does this happen other TV broadcasted programmes as well?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Hi Ilyas. Thanks for the interest. It was only happening with the football because that is the only sort of programme where you would be recording it and catch up as it was being broadcast (before you hear the result!), not really applicable to mainstream shows!   However, tonight's match was recorded and it did not stop recording even though I went in and out of it.   The difference was that I have two V6 boxes (upgraded to 360) and I never use Box 2 normally (I was 'forced' to have it with my bundle) but I have started to use it now for recordings and put Box 1 to sleep.   It is therefore probably a fault with Box 1, but I shan't do anything about it because it is of no consequence..........................unless Box Two ends up catching the virus!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to explain more on this, Chrisjames.

We're sorry to see you've had problems with recording your favourite live events and the errors you've encountered.
Could you please kindly confirm if you're still getting an error code when trying to record or any message relevant to this?

Also, could you please advise if your TV box in query connects over wireless or wired and have you made sure it's online when recording the programme?
Last thing we'd like to check is if in case you swap the TV boxes location you get the same error on one or both?

Let us know more on the above, we're happy to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Adri_G wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to explain more on this, Chrisjames.

We're sorry to see you've had problems with recording your favourite live events and the errors you've encountered.
Could you please kindly confirm if you're still getting an error code when trying to record or any message relevant to this?

Also, could you please advise if your TV box in query connects over wireless or wired and have you made sure it's online when recording the programme?
Last thing we'd like to check is if in case you swap the TV boxes location you get the same error on one or both?

Let us know more on the above, we're happy to help out.

Don't want to repeat myself here but if you scroll back through this discussion you will see from my first entry what the problem was in more detail

Hi chrisjames,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry for any confusion, glad to hear you have been able to record and watch Football on your 2nd box with no issues, you can try making sure all the connection on the other box are hand tight then try a reboot, unplug from the power leave 2 minutes and plug back in, if you are not bother about losing any settings or recordings on the box you can try a full reset, 

1. Press "MENU" on your remote control, and you will get to the MENU options. ...
  2. On screen navigate to "Settings"
  3. Select "Advanced settings" and press "OK" on your remote control.
  4. Select "Virgin TV BOX" and press "OK".
  5. Select "FACTORY RESET" and press "OK".

Regards

Paul.