cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Upgrade - CS2400 and CS2200

Coach2013
Tuning in

Got the email to upgrade and get a new controller which came and the box ran an upgrade automatically and now it’s completely unusable. 

The recordings won’t play, just crashes and shows error CS2200

When trying to watch apps we get error CS2400

When we try to watch things on catch up it completely freezes. 

We phoned Virgin and was told they can’t help us and that we’ll get a call from another team in 5-10 days!!! 

We tried resetting it but it doesn’t make a difference.

Can we just go back to the old version or get help sooner? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Coach2013 

There may actually be some VM issues, (although I'm pretty sure it's the box) so try calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

I'm also thinking about the CS2400 error which is apps not accessible.

Can you use On Demand and Catch Up services? 

If not that points to an internet connection issue which  you can check by looking in Settings > System > Diagnostics

This gives a visual representation of your connection status, signal quality and connection speed.

If there are errors there then top part of the screen will show where it's failing ie between the hub and the 360, or from the VM Servers.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you, today (Saturday) or Sunday.

They should then be able to perform some tests on the box, so please leave it switched on and make sure it's in either Fast Start or Active Start - that's under Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption. (if it's in Eco (slow start)) they won't be able to run the tests.

I'm pretty sure when they run the tests they will see it needs a tech visit and order one for you.

Or, you can try calling faults, 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

If/when you do get  a tech appointment you should be able to track the appointment by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders, and If anybody cancels their appointment you might be able to book an earlier slot

You can also view this in the My VM app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Coach2013 

Sorry to see the issues you are having with 360 upgrade.

I'm afraid it's not possible to revert back to the V6  system

With error code CS2200, does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?

If so, this would seem to indicate a hard drive problem, as pausing and playing back live TV is the same as recording a program.

You say you've reset the box. Is this just by switching it on and off, or by unplugging from the wall?

Have you tried  factory resetting the 360?

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV X again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Unless you do have a few recordings which you want to keep (and that do play back correctly which I doubt) then choose the second option Format Disk.

This will reformat the hard drive and then reinstall the 360, so fingers crossed it sorts out both the CS2200 and CS2400 errors

If that doesn't work then I can't see the promised callback in 5-10 days helping, and you will need the box replacing. This will involve a tech callout and should be a lot quicker

Please update the thread so Forum Staff can see what's happening

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for your swift response! 
It is affecting all recordings and all catch up TV.  We haven’t tried pausing and rewinding live TV but doing a very little test of 10 seconds or so seems to work with a slight lag on rewinding.   
We did try the factory reset but it didn’t make a difference.  

How do we do a tech call out?  

Thanks again, appreciate your help!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Coach2013 

There may actually be some VM issues, (although I'm pretty sure it's the box) so try calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

I'm also thinking about the CS2400 error which is apps not accessible.

Can you use On Demand and Catch Up services? 

If not that points to an internet connection issue which  you can check by looking in Settings > System > Diagnostics

This gives a visual representation of your connection status, signal quality and connection speed.

If there are errors there then top part of the screen will show where it's failing ie between the hub and the 360, or from the VM Servers.

A member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you, today (Saturday) or Sunday.

They should then be able to perform some tests on the box, so please leave it switched on and make sure it's in either Fast Start or Active Start - that's under Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption. (if it's in Eco (slow start)) they won't be able to run the tests.

I'm pretty sure when they run the tests they will see it needs a tech visit and order one for you.

Or, you can try calling faults, 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

If/when you do get  a tech appointment you should be able to track the appointment by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders, and If anybody cancels their appointment you might be able to book an earlier slot

You can also view this in the My VM app.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

If I am recording, for example, a football match and start watching it from the beginning, all is fine. It goes to half time and I watch something else and then go back to the recording, it has now stopped recording where I last left it and has not recorded the rest of it. Instead I get the error message CS2200 and "There's an issue playing this recording. Please try again. If problem continues call 150..........."   This has now happened many times. I have no other issues.

Hi there @chrisjames 

Thank you so much for your post and your update, we are so sorry to hear that you are still facing these issues. I'd like to take a closer look with you via a PM. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you for popping back to me via the PM> I just wanted to check have we tried this step first?

Check the white cable from the wall socket to the splitter is tightly connected.

Make sure all the white cable from the splitter to the back of the TV box are tightly connected.

If the TV box is connected to the Hub make sure the white cable going into the Hub is also tightly connected.

Turn the power off at the wall socket and turn back on.
Check your connections 
This will reboot the TV box and can take between 5 and 10 minutes to fully reboot.

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Thank you for popping back to me via the PM> I just wanted to check have we tried this step first?

Check the white cable from the wall socket to the splitter is tightly connected.

Make sure all the white cable from the splitter to the back of the TV box are tightly connected.

If the TV box is connected to the Hub make sure the white cable going into the Hub is also tightly connected.

Check your connections 
This will reboot the TV box and can take between 5 and 10 minutes to fully reboot.

Have done that Ash.  I did try and replicate the problem but was unable to do so... so that may have cured it. It will be a couple of weeks though so if the problem reoccurs I'll be back.

@chrisjames wrote:

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Check your connections 

Have done that Ash.  I did try and replicate the problem but was unable to do so... so that may have cured it. It will be a couple of weeks though so if the problem reoccurs I'll be back.

Happened last night. Recording football, missed most of the first half, started playing back and after 30 minutes it stopped and got THAT message again. Never recovered from that and had to stop recording the rest of the match even though all indications were that it was still recording. 

Hi @chrisjames, thanks for reaching out to us here. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the recordings 😞
May I ask if it is football only? Or does this happen other TV broadcasted programmes as well?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs