Menu
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

360 Screensaver or auto revert to live TV?

Tried a search without success. I have an OLED and whilst not particularly precious about it there is apparently some degree of risk of screen burn in. 

If I recall correctly (hey, it’s been a while)  the old V6 would eventually leave say a menu setting and revert to live tv. It seems 360 will just sit forever on a menu, with its fixed graphics? Eg if I fall asleep and don’t hit any buttons for 8 hours haha.

Has anyone else got a similar concern,  or any thoughts on how to mitigate the risk of screen burn? Cheers all. 

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 360 Screensaver or auto revert to live TV?

In the settings you can set the box to auto power off if no buttons are pressed on the remote.  You have the choice of 4, 5, 6 or 24 hours

roy247
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know what you mean, it only does it on certain menus sometimes you press back and go away from the TV and when you come back the menu from the Home button is still there, it's one of the inconsistencies bit like the page up and down works on some lists and on others it changes the channel.

0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I guess I can play with auto power down.

(I had set it to 24 hours as my Harmony remote struggled to power the 360 on from off when using the Ziggo box as the hardware device. The Humax box option I have now seems to power on ok). 

Still annoying that it sits on say a ‘Catch Up’ still menu forever if left to its own devices. Be good to update the software to change pages after xx time on a static page 

0 Kudos