cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Recording only new episodes?

ch4rch
On our wavelength

hi, I have searched for this but cannot see an answer.

I upgraded to 360 yesterday. when setting recordings I cannot see a way to record only new episodes. I already have a box full of repeats, am i missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve used this option for some time and it will only record new episodes and not the repeats that channels often broadcast throughout the week. Ideally, Virgin should make this the default recording option without users having to do this for every recording we set. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ch4rch wrote:

hi, I have searched for this but cannot see an answer.

I upgraded to 360 yesterday. when setting recordings I cannot see a way to record only new episodes. I already have a box full of repeats, am i missing something?

When you set a recording, click Advanced Options and under Record, click ‘From this episode onwards’. It’s the closest to ‘new only’ and repeats won’t be recorded using this option. 

ch4rch
On our wavelength

OK, so I took that to mean record every episode that is on moving forward regardless of air date.

Thanks, I will have a play.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve used this option for some time and it will only record new episodes and not the repeats that channels often broadcast throughout the week. Ideally, Virgin should make this the default recording option without users having to do this for every recording we set. 

Pollyp40
Dialled in

Access your planned recordings list (say recordings is fastest way) Find the series link in question and use the cursor to access the edit icon on the right (pen). Click on it and "New episodes only" is in the options list. This appears to need setting for every series link. 

It does work though

Hi Pollyp40

Thanks for contributing to this thread and for helping your fellow community members.  It completely supports my belief that our community forum and our members, like yourself are absolutely amazing.

Regards

Lee_R