cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema UHD on demand - where?

Oxo29
Dialled in

Where has the icon gone?

Only way to play uhd movie is to select HD move then scroll down and pick also in Sky Cinema UHD.  Not right.

31 REPLIES 31

FrugalMcdougal
On our wavelength

Anyone know where the Sky on demand UHD icon has gone? I still get an option once I have looked at an episode , if it is available in UHD, but can't find where to browse sky entertainment on demand uhd.

Sky Cinema UHD has moved under the box sets- movies part of the menu.

Spoken to customer services today and they explained a "code" was missing and to restart box, done this still no joy

Added Sky Sports UHD today and that is very good.

HI FrugalMcdougal, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Icon, can you confirm if it has reappeared? 

Does this happen on multiple boxes? 

Chris

I have the exact same issue. I have looked through every inch of Box Sets & Movies (and every other part of the Virgin TV 360 interface) hundreds of times, and in may case at least I can guarantee there is no button, list, or category to be found that is called either "Sky On Demand", "Sky UHD", "Sky Ultra HD", or the like. So this seems like either a bug, or a silent "downgrade" by Virgin Media.

The only way to access Sky UHD content that I know of is to navigate through all the confusing menus until you get to "Sky Cinema" (no UHD, or On Demand mentioned in the name for that section), and then go to "All", and there you will find 1002 movies. And once you get to that screen, you need to click on each movie to manually check whether it is offered in HD, UHD, or both. There is also no filtering function to easily find all the UHD movies from what I can tell, making it a really tedious and annoying process trying to find Sky Cinema movies that happen to be available in UHD....

Same issue here. I've posted same - new forum said no similar posts so not my fault as I'm not scrolling through 6 lines of text for each forum post.

So where is the icon?

wificallerrors
Dialled in

Copy/pasting my comment from another thread here to make clear that Oxo29 is not the only one having this problem. I’ve tried speaking to Virgin Media on the phone 3 times regarding this, but ironically each person that I’ve spoken to doesn’t even seem to comprehend that there is a thing called “Sky On Demand UHD”, which is part of “Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD”

I have the exact same issue. I have looked through every inch of Box Sets & Movies (and every other part of the Virgin TV 360 interface) hundreds of times, and in may case at least I can guarantee there is no button, list, or category to be found that is called either "Sky On Demand", "Sky UHD", "Sky Ultra HD", or the like. So this seems like either a bug, or a silent "downgrade" by Virgin Media.

The only way to access Sky UHD content that I know of is to navigate through all the confusing menus until you get to "Sky Cinema" (no UHD, or On Demand mentioned in the name for that section), and then go to "All", and there you will find 1002 movies. And once you get to that screen, you need to click on each movie to manually check whether it is offered in HD, UHD, or both. There is also no filtering function to easily find all the UHD movies from what I can tell, making it a really tedious and annoying process trying to find Sky Cinema movies that happen to be available in UHD....

IoanaNeacsu
Up to speed

Yeah I can confirm that I have this issue too. After the update to 5.01 Sky Cinema UHD category or Sky on demand UHD just vanished from Movies, Channels tabs. Hopefully they will put them back. I've also noticed that now when you go to movies you are able now to see the trailer of the movie when you go on it. Which is good to have that but we need back the UHD categories. Someone from the Virgin community an escalate this to the right teams please. Thanks 

Come on! Can't just be me and a couple of other users who have lost the sky cinema uhd on demand - channel icon gone etc

I am the same losing the UHD icon seems to have happened since the recent software update.

wificallerrors
Dialled in

It would be great if someone from Virgin Media could acknowledge the "bug", or let us know whether they have intentionally removed this for whatever reason. Hoping this is fixed soon