cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box Freezes

jrob3rts
Tuning in

Hi

Recently got Virgin Media.  The following  quirk is annoying us.

If we watch CBeebies and then switch to something streaming like YouTube, when CBeebies goes offline at 7pm, YouTube no longer displays and we get a spinning (wait) sign on the screen.  Following this, the background image doesn't change (this is normally the last recorded program you watched).  We can navigate to other channels, hear the sound from those channels, but the image stays the same.

Tried turning it off and on using the remote, but no luck.

The only resolution is to switch the unit off using the physical switch or pull the power out.

Following that, not an issue until the next day.

Apologies if someone else has asked this, couldn't find it using some simple search terms.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jrob3rts

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of this peculiar issue happening on your TV box. I've not been able to replicate here, (even asked a colleague who does this every night with his little one haha). Is it happening on any other streaming service that you try or just YouTube?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback.  We generally only use YouTube for external streaming on the 360 box.  I'll try and run through a few more scenarios to replicate the steps exactly.  This, of course isn't a quick task as it will rely on a channel going offer at a particular time so give me a few days or so.

James

Good Afternoon @jrob3rts, are you in a position to give us an update?

Have you attempted to switch to YouTube from a different channel, or from CBeebies to an alternative streaming service/application?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Replicated again tonight, albeit didn’t freeze, just returned to CBeebiesHD.  Steps were exactly as follows:

1. Change to CbeebiesHD (Channel 702)

2. Use voice control to watch YouTube

3. Navigate to something, in this case Children's "Old MacDonald...."

4. Wait....  At 18:57 it switched back to CbeebiesHD (see below)

20220113_185832.jpg

So, not the same issue, but I do suspect it might be a channel going 'off air' that triggers something else.  As a channel goess off air once a day, not an easy thing to replicate.  Will keep playing with different scenarios.

Seems odd that last week, it happened on say 3 of the 7 days, hence the original post.

Hi jrob3rts,

So I can take a closer look into this I need a few more details from you.

I've popped yoi over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) for this.

Alex_Rm