Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Audio out of sync

DarkLord1
On our wavelength
Spoiler
Hi

I've been having trouble with the audio being out of sync. I have tried all fixes on here and the best thing that happens is it stays in sync for a few minutes then gets worse. Over a period of time it can be unwatchable. I am using a panasonic soundbar and a Samsung TV. Even when I connect straight to the TV the audio goes out of sync.

Everything else isn't out of sync ie disneyplus app on the TV not the 360

Please help its driving me mad.
29 REPLIES 29

I've tried everything suggested included optical cable. The only thing that worked was to but a new soundbar.

Hi @Mikeg1788 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having sync issues with your TV 360 box and sound bar.  Have you followed the advice of deans6571 at all?

Regards

Lee_R

3 months on... any update please!?

This is a kind of infuriating answer. There’s clearly an issue with the 360 box. There are many users with this issue and it appears to be a known issue. If you’re completely unaware of this, I would suggest there is a significant communication issue in your support or CRM system.

I have this issue on my TV. Same issue on upstairs TV with the 2nd box and a completely different brand of TV.

I also have this problem but has only happened recently. Need the sound delay to go into negative values on the 360 which would solve it.  I’ve tried everything, optic,hdmi,Dolby, follow content. Probably bite the bullet & go with Sky when contract runs out as support is useless with Virgin

Hi hypohead,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your TV box. 

Can you confirm are you running the sounds through the TV or a different piece of equipment?

^Martin

Hey Martin_N

Have you read any of this thread?

Field99
Tuning in

I have the same problem.

My 360 box was working fine when just connected to my TV. 

I've since added a sounder which is connect to my TV via the e-ARC HDMi port. 

The soundbar works great with sound from my TV directly (apps and live TV), as well as my Xbox, which is connect to my TV via HDMI.

However the sound from my Virgin 360 box connected to my TV via HDMI is now delayed, making it unwatchable.

Virgin can you please help, or confirm your 360 box isn't compatible when using a soundbar connect to a TV via e-ARC HDMI?

Just seen a 'solution' on another thread which has worked for me...

Turning the Dolby output off on the 360 box has fixed it...not an ideal solution (would prefer to have dolby sound given my soundbar supports it, but at least the sound is now in sync and still better through my soundbar than compared to my TV speakers)

It does make me question why Virgin promote the 360 box as being capable of outputting Dolby sound, but it seems a pretty standard way of connecting a Dolby Atmos soundbar simply doesn't work (Soundbar connected to tv via e-arc HDMI, 360 box connected to tv via another hdmi which delays sound making the tv unwatchable when dolby sound setting is turned on....I also have an xbox one x connected to the TV via another hdmi port and it works fine with the soundbar)

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Field99.

Thank you for the update on this.

Please can you post the thread on here? So others who have this issue can find it?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide