cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Audio out of sync

DarkLord1
On our wavelength

Hi

I've been having trouble with the audio being out of sync. I have tried all fixes on here and the best thing that happens is it stays in sync for a few minutes then gets worse. Over a period of time it can be unwatchable. I am using a panasonic soundbar and a Samsung TV. Even when I connect straight to the TV the audio goes out of sync.

Everything else isn't out of sync ie disneyplus app on the TV not the 360

Please help its driving me mad.

I've had to post again as I haven't had any answers so I wasn't sure if I'd done it right.

9 REPLIES 9

Richw1982
Rising star

What model of TV and soundbar do you have?  have you checked for the latest software for the TV and soundbar?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

SAMSUNG - UE55TU7020KXXU TV and a PANASONIC - SC-HTB688EBK soundbar. Everything else works great other than with the 360 box. It did the same with our old TV, this TV is brand new. TV is all upto date and soundbar cannot be updated.

I have tried all the different audio settings in the 360 and the TV. I have also tried the optical cable from the TV to soundbar and 360 to soundbar. The hdmi cable can only go to the TV as there is only 1 port in the back of the 360 box.

It has only gone out of sync since we updated to 360 and the only problem is the 360.

I really hope you can help.

Lip sync problem is most common when sending audio from your TV to your sound bar using HDMI ARC or optical out.  In your TV's audio settings, see if you can change the audio format to PCM instead of Dolby Digital, bitstream, or passthrough.

Tried it. When I change a setting it might be alright for a few minutes then goes out of sync again. It can be unwatchable. Also it can gradually go back in sync again and then back out. 

I have tried all different settings. On 360 box and TV with no better results.

is it plugged into the ARC port?

Yes plugged into arc. Tried deactivating earc and tried un a different port.

Have you changed the audio setting on the 360.?  On Dolby Audio select Disable  & Audio Delay to oms.

Hope you get it sorted, nothing worse than out of sync audio.

Yes Peepers. I have tried all available settings. It's weird because it can be in sync then goes out of sync and back again. In, out, in, out, like a bad hokey cokey!

roy247
Community elder

@DarkLord1 wrote:

Hi

I've been having trouble with the audio being out of sync. I have tried all fixes on here and the best thing that happens is it stays in sync for a few minutes then gets worse. Over a period of time it can be unwatchable. I am using a panasonic soundbar and a Samsung TV. Even when I connect straight to the TV the audio goes out of sync.

Everything else isn't out of sync ie disneyplus app on the TV not the 360

Please help its driving me mad.

I've had to post again as I haven't had any answers so I wasn't sure if I'd done it right.

If you can't get it in sync just using the TV which I would have thought would be the easiest option to start from, get that in sync and see where we go from here approach before connecting the soundbar.

You may have already tried this, connect the 360 to a non arc HDMI connector, set the 360 to follow content, (try all of them), also check your Samsung TV's audio settings for delay settings.

I would want to get the basic setting working first before you get the check with your 3rd party device manufacturer response.