Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 51 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2021 price increases

• I did new contract on 4th Jan 2021 for 18 months so phoned and spoke to them they said wouldn't go up as new contract but thought would get it in writing so did the text message service the lady who got back said would go up as nothing on my account so while doing that phoned up virgin the man said was stated on my account no price increase so messaged that's to the lady in text she said would look again then messaged back its now on my account no price increase to be added as the price is what would be anyway so think you will have to get in contact with them to confirm that no price increase my bill is made up soon so will be back on to them if does go up last time took me 4 months to sort out in end have me a new deal as didn't know why went up
0 Kudos
techifan
Superfast
Message 52 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Irrespective of your apparent contract agreement the criteria as to whether the price increase will apply to you appears to be how your discount is treated by VM.

Unfortunately a negotiated fixed price or a £ or % discount are treated deferentially as yo can see from the Quote from the Forum Team below.

Quote from forum team.

"As per the linked explanation shared earlier in this thread, any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March. We will advise you in your individual communications how the price change will affect your deal."

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 53 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t heard anyone on these forums tell us that they a negotiated fixed price; it may happen but NEVER have vm explained this to me and I have never seen that wording distinction referred to in the contracts ; the only way to test this would be to get some keen lawyer open class action suit

So it s a VM scam to allow for increases as far as I can see

techifan
Superfast
Message 54 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, after recently unknowingly agreeing to a % / £ price discount as opposed to the elusive fixed price contract I like many others will fall into the group having to pay the increase from 1 March.

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 55 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I was given a fixed price of £85 a month for Ultimate Oomph bundle and have not been notified of a price increase.  So such contracts do exist.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 56 of 60
Flag for a moderator

What is your speed and does that include sports and movies?

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 57 of 60
Flag for a moderator

You will only pay the increase if you have received an email/letter stating it is going up. If you haven’t had either by now, like me, then I can on,y assume your price won’t go up. I renewed my contract in December and pretty sure was fixed price.

0 Kudos
impy1
Tuning in
Message 58 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@markdyer72 wrote:

You will only pay the increase if you have received an email/letter stating it is going up. If you haven’t had either by now, like me, then I can on,y assume your price won’t go up. I renewed my contract in December and pretty sure was fixed price.

Yes I got a new contract in December, and yes it is going up! 

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 59 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I must have a fixed price discount then, when I renewed I got the same package as I had originally but with upgraded speed from 100 to 200MB, I was paying £79 per month that was my introductory offer when I joined I now pay £76 per month and I get Maxit tv with full sports and HD and 200MB bb so bit of a bargain compared to sky as there package doesn’t include BT Sport… I haven’t received any price increase notification so assume my price will be honoured till end contract in May next year…

0 Kudos
impy1
Tuning in
Message 60 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Probably, everyone is different it seems 

0 Kudos