cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service WRT phone switchover

Buttshill
Joining in

Last week a technician arrived at my door to install the phone switchover. I specifically said to the CS agent that I needed to get the new cable through the external wall and around the house and back in the front of the house. I specifically asked that this was in the notes,as I had already had one abortive tech visit. This tech told me that they don't supply telephone cable. My hub is upstairs back room and phone front room downstairs.

Turns out that I was switched to the new system but as the tech didn't fix the problem I now find I am without a phone as they can't switch back. I have apparently missed several calls as I have had several emails saying sorry missed you. I now have another 2 weeks wait until the next tech visit. So no home phone.😠

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Buttshill,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that some further work needs to be done following the landline service switchover. If you have a technician visit booked to correct this then I'm confident that they'll be able to resolve it, but let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Surely for the present cannot you just plug the phone into the hub. I know it will be in the wrong location, but at least you will have a phone and if you miss call you can use voicemail.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I have had to put a phone temporarily in my grandson's bedroom - but this is not the point. The main point is that having explained my needs in detail to the CS agent a technician turns up not knowing anything of the requirements and is unwilling/unable to help.

As indicated in the Ofgem website the phone provider should provide all requirements for the switch over including any extension leads. This was confirmed on these forums by a Moderator.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced Buttshill,

Our team should be able to colocate where the handset will be, just from checking I can see you have an appointment booked.

Is this booked for the landline?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain, yes it is for the landline. I am now hoping he can locate the Hub on the second TV cable in another room and the phone can be installed there.

Thanks for the update @Buttshill on the forums. 👋🏼

No problem, let us know how it goes with the appointment and we can go on from there. 

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, a technician came round yesterday and within 15 mins he had a solution and had implemented it. Great service, pity the experience was spoiled by the two previous techs

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Buttshil 

Thanks for your response

Absolutely great to hear the tech managed to resolve this for you - please do be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs