cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing home phone calls OK - cannot receive incoming cals

gideon57
Joining in

Home phone switchover went well once I received a Hub 3.0.

Cordless phone & desk phone both worked (incoming and outgoing). This was with a temporary phone number supplied by VM.

I now have a problem since VM set me up with my original VM phone number. I can make calls, but when I attempt to call my home number the response is "you have dialled an incorrect number".

The agents at the VM helpline have exhausted all the live troubleshooting options, concluding that my phones are incompatible and that I need a VOIP phone! I cannot give this response any credence...

I have now tried a number of combinations of more phones and adaptors including RJ11 to RJ11), but the problem remains unchanged.

Is it possible that my original number does not carry the same permissions than what the temporary number had?

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light.

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gideon57 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with incoming calls after the 21CV migration. Please could you just confirm for me that the phone is plugged into the telephone port 1 on the router? Also if so, how is connected to that port, with an adapter, or just straight connection?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the response 

I am connected to port 1 (top port) - directly from my cordless phone base to the port using the RJ11 to RJ11 cable supplied with the Hub 3.0

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming. 

Please could you remove it from the port, then reboot the router. Then pop it back in the port for me when router rebooted and try a test call?

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

gideon57
Joining in

Thanks

Still no outgoing calls

gideon57
Joining in

Sorry, should have said 'no incoming calls'

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming. Have you got another phone you can try to see if that fixes the issue?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for your message @gideon57 

I have done a form to our telephony team to look into this. Their timescales are 2 working days so it should be resolved by latest Tuesday. If you've not heard anything by then, please pop us a public post and we'll check in further. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Please don't send a PM @gideon57 unless needed. You should be able to reply via Public post 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team