cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No opition given

Baggieboy1
Tuning in

Advice plz, I contacted VM yesterday to explain my router is some 15 feet from phone base under stairs with excellent WiFi, I explained I don't wish to move router as it has ethernet connections off it running under flood noe do I wish to move phone base to under stair, opinion given was that engineer wood run cables around skirting to base to router, no thank you I replied,  result, sorry you can't use phone after date nor take off package as this increases price.  Question, have the choice to terminate contact without penalty due to charge of service ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Baggieboy1 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I appreciate what you're saying don't get me wrong. The telephone exchanges are closing so whomever provider you do go to, you'll be on this or a similar system. 

I'll send you a PM as one of the options we can do is a modification of the existing wiring.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Baggieboy1 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

In regards to the switchover, we can most certainly help if your home phone isn’t next to your Hub, and you need cabling to be extended to your phone line.

We need to switch off the outdated copper telephone network, and instead make our home phone service operate over the future-proof fibre network. 

The best arrangement for the 21CV connection is with a cordless phone system. Plug the base station into the hub then use as many satellite cordless phones as required.

You can choose to have the landline service taken off your package but in some cases it can increase the cost since landlines carry a bundle discount which you would lose by dropping the service. 

If a contract is still in effect and you wish to cancel, we may charge you an 👉 Early Disconnect Fee

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Being awkward doesn't allow you to leave contract penalty free

I wouldn't say I'm being awkward, rather I don't wish, 1/ have my landlines phone under the stairs behind a door 2/ I don't wish have my hub on display with the room as it has been 100% functional under the stairs behind said door and 3/ I don't wish to have a cable around my skirting spoiling the decor. At moment I have 1 ethernet cable running from the hub under the flooring to tv/ cube and another running from hub  to upstairs.

Awkward,  I think not. 

Thanks for the polite advice 

Hi @Baggieboy1 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I appreciate what you're saying don't get me wrong. The telephone exchanges are closing so whomever provider you do go to, you'll be on this or a similar system. 

I'll send you a PM as one of the options we can do is a modification of the existing wiring.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You just need to put your landline base unit under the stairs next to the hub behind the door and buy a satelite charger for your model of phone then you can put the handset anywhere you want. 

Or I just could, , But, if you want to cancel our services without paying an early disconnection fee, call us on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone by 25th October 2023

Phone is wireless but it does need to be on holder to charge at times so whilst charging it will sit under the stairs behind a door, unable to hear its ring

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, but if you buy another charging base for the phone (not the master phone base) you will never have to plug it in behind your door