cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to leave hub on to use phone

Cluelessagain
Tuning in

So now with the phone switch over I have to leave my hub on 24 hours a day or I can’t receive emergency phone calls from a sick relative. Our last hub burnt out when it was on 24 hours a day. So at night it’s  turned off. Not apparently anymore I’m fuming about this, more electric and more fire risk

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cluelessagain 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you have some concerns regarding the switchover. 

We would recommend keeping your hub in an upright position, out in the open and in a well ventilated location. If you do this, there really shouldn't be a need for you to switch it off as such. 

We have some info here on the switchover you may find helpful. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cluelessagain
Tuning in

Yeah so my choice about what I want to do has been taken away. I think I may just get rid of my phone

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Cluelessagain 

We appreciate that the home phone switch over might be a bit of a change, but we will try to ensure that the migration is smooth and that the service will continue as normal after the switch over. If you have any concerns or further questions at all, please do let us know and we'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

pbaskill
Joining in

Hi

I thought I was the only person feeling this way . Phoned VM yesterday , 2 hours later not resolved . Have elderly relatives who are seriously ill and only know my home number . We use the landline for business also . Like you say , fire risk and the costs to keep it on . 
Told no going back , just have to put up with it . The cost of living and the expectations of this service is ridiculous. 

Hi @pbaskill thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the landline migration and for any concerns it may be causing you.  This is something that all landline providers are having to do, as per here.  As your phone requires a broadband signal, then I am sorry, but yes the modem would have to be constantly switched on if you require the landline to always be available to receive calls.

Regards

Lee_R