cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking a technician

BobW1
Just joined

I've tried phoning 150 and clicked on the 'I need a technician' part of the 'Your phone service is changing' email completely without success. I have a main phone which isn't in the same room as my hub as well as 2 extension phones. An adapter has just arrived in the post but no mention of a technician's visit. Does anyone know how I can Virgin to respond ?

15 REPLIES 15

TrialsTeam

Hi @BobW1,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling to arrange a technician visit.

I can see that you've mentioned clicking on a link on an email but that it hasn't worked. Can you please expand a little further on this? Is there a link there to click? If so, is it leading to an incorrect page or not working at all?

Along with this, would you also mind clarifying what problems you're having when you call 150 to speak with the team to arrange this?

Thanks,

Murfi
Joining in

I’m in the same position and have phoned to request a technician visit 3maybe 4 times with no success. Got the adaptor but l8ke you my phone is in a different room. 
my husband is also waiting on a care alarm being installed. 
we used to find it easy to contact Virgin ad staff were always pleasant and helpful….

NOT ANY MORE 

jljohnson
Tuning in

Ditto. Virgin Media should have set up a dedicated helpline for this purpose. or in the 21st century allow customers, as that what we are, the ability to book an appointment online. I hopw someone is reading this as there could be serious consequences for Virgin Media.

Hi jljohnson,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. It's disappointing to hear that you too have experienced difficulties when trying to book an engineer online.

This should not be a difficult process, either booking online or through an agent on the phone. We do appreciate your feedback on this matter, and we are always happy to take this away so we can improve on our customer services for the future.

Can we ask if you have faced difficulties when trying to book an engineer through your online account?

If so, what were the issues.

We understand the wait times are longer than anticipated at this current time, our team are working as hard a possible to get all customers call answered in a timely manner.

Kind regards Jodi. 

maxlugg
Dialled in

I have the same issue. I've had an email and text* telling me to ring 150 to book a technician but I've spent ages trying all the options and none of them work. I've also tried my online account with the same result, I'm just asked questions about what's wrong with my landline.

Can somebody please tell me how to book a technician?

*Incidentally, the email last week was the first I'd heard of this, followed by the text. I've never received a letter about this change.

Hi there @maxlugg

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had issues booking an engineer! I'd be happy to look into this for you and see what we can sort! 

Can I just confirm, what issues are you facing with your landline? Are you also just needing to arrange the change over to the new VOIP line? 

If so do you also have the adapter?

Thank you.

I don't have any issues, it works fine at the moment! I've just been asked to book an engineer before the switchover, I suspect this is because my hub is old and will need to be replaced with something newer.

No, I don't have an adaptor (it wouldn't help anyway, the Hub2 has no RJ11 connectors).

No problem @maxlugg

I will take a look into this with you now via a PM

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Please can you help me book a technician? I need one to set up my broadband but can not get through to book one.

I need this done now! Please.

Thanks