cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

both me and my partner made an order for a new device yesterday and have both been placed as 'parked'. I tried to ring customer service and all the offices are shut. how can this be sorted?!

Hello Tinyrumpirate

As Natalie has advised, the order may have been parked for additional checks or more information may be required to complete our checks. Due to the current situation these may take longer than the anticipated 5 working days due to lower numbers of staff.

Given that the orders were placed on the 31st March 2020 it is unlikely that these orders will now be processed. We would recommend calling the team on 0345 600 0789 to find out what has happened or if you want to cancel the account if you're looking at leaving us. They will be able to provide you with a PAC code to transfer your number to a differnet provider.

Alternatively, simply text us your query for free on 07533 051 809 ^ between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Rob

Hello Respley94

Sorry to hear of the mobile order issue, we understand you're eager to get this looked into as soon as possible.

Have you received and correspondence from us in regards to the orders?  Was a handset part of the orders? If so, have you received any e-signature requests to complete the order? They can take up to 24 hours from the time of the order to be processed but are usually pretty instant.

Rob

goldmister
Joining in

Hi
I had a similar experience yesterday.

Im trying to move from 02 to Virgin and I ordered a new iPhone 11 Pro Max. I am now parked. I do understand the pressure on the customer service advisors so Im not unduly concerned yet but just wanted to add my experience.

Thank you for sharing goldmister and welcome to the community. As advised above parked orders can take upto 5 working days to be fully checked and processed during 'normal' circumstances.

We'd recommend keeping an eye out for emails requesting an e-signature or tracking details from Yodel. If you need further assistance please let us know here and we'll do as much as we can to help.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, both me and my partner ordered a handset.

neither of us have received anything apart from an email yesterday saying 'next steps for your order' telling us that things are being looked into.

My partner doesn't have a order number on the 'my orders', but its stated on an email

thanks

my partner has received a call from virgin advising him out the outcome, but i am still waiting.

Thank you for the update Respley94, at this time we would recommend allowing the allot time frame to pass (5 work days) 

If you have still not received an update let us know here and we can assist further.

Thanks

Rob

Jordan_C
Joining in

Hi, I know this is an old post but I’m wondering if anyone could help. I ordered my phone earlier today with the delivery date set for tomorrow. I verified the email via the link straight away. But with not hearing anything since, I wanted to look in to the order to try and see if it was confirmed. It took me 9 attempts to get logged in to the website as the link kept taking me elsewhere and while trying to use the website directly it kept telling me I had no account and then that I needed to verify my account. I eventually got in to find it’s parked. I’m worried about not getting this in time for next week when I’ll need it. My phone is completely broken with me being unable to keep in contact with my vulnerable family at this difficult time. I’m wondering if anyone could help by letting me know how to speed up this process?

Thanks for any help given.

Hi Jordan_C

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

When an order is parked this means the team do need to do some extra checks before making a final decision. This timescale is 3 working days but you will hear from the team during this timescale.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill