cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Had this last night

Waiting for someone to get back to me 

Hi Matthew9692, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry your order has been parked, I can appreciate you're keen to know why. 

Orders can be parked for a few reasons, sometimes we just need some extra information or sometimes it might be we're unable to offer you that specific handset. 

We'll take a closer look like a personal message and get to the bottom of it. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

kvnpstna
Joining in

I've recently had this issue too. 

My iPhone recently stopped working and needed to get a new mobile device as soon as possible. Since its a necessity at my work place. 

I'm currently with another Mobile Service Provider. However, I'm not happy with their services. Especially their customer services. So I decided to check out what Virgin Media had to offer. Since I'm also a Broadband customer and have been using Virgin Media Broadband for a couple of years now and recently upgraded to M350.

I tried ordering an iPhone 11 Pro Max with AirPods. However, all I received was an email redirecting me to a webpage. "Parked".

Is something wrong with my account? 

Really wanted to give Virgin Media a try. 

Good Afternoon kvnpstna,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can look into this for you, please keep your eyes peeled on the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Happened to me too! 

Ordered a new phone on Wednesday with the promise of delivery the next day. After completing the order, I was only then to be told my phone would NOT be coming the next day and that my order was indeed “parked” with a delay in processing it. How is it possible to essentially falsify an order? You would think that after an order confirmation that would be all. After being with another network for years, Virgin’s deals  swayed me to swap, but after over 48 hours with no response I’m questioning is it really worth it?

I have no idea how this can be related to my Experian credit score either because after a check, it is just under a perfect number. 

I would love for someone to explain what is happening so that I can A) get a new phone as soon as possible because mine is broken or B) find another network that offers a better customer service. 

Jamesg691
Joining in

My order has been parked and I don’t know why, I called the support team and they asked me for my password and I was telling them and they were saying it’s wrong even though it was right and I was telling them that and they were getting angry even though I was right, I want to know why my order is parked and I want this to be sorted

Hi Molliegriff, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that your order has been parked, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. 

An order can be parked for a few reasons, it could be that we need some further information or we're unable to offer you that particular deal. 

When an order is parked we'd usually call you back within 48 working hours to advise further, has this been the case since your post?

If not then please reply to the personal message I'm sending you now and we'll have a closer look. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Yes exact same thing has just happened to me too!

I ordered my phone on the friday and it was meant to be here on the saturday but then turns out it was ‘parked’. It has now been over 48 hours and no one rang me or could help me when i tried to contact them.

Battywoman
Joining in

I applied for a new phone yesterday, all went through fine online. Was to be delivered today from Hermes according to online. However since then my order once I go through emails says its parked. Everytime I tried to call the number yesterday as soon as I say my order has been parked I get hung up on. When I eventually got through the guy said my details didnt match when they done the checks. I have lived in the same house for nearly 9 years, no name change etc. He said someone would call today but still no call. I would just like to know what is going on?? If no one can sort today can just cancel my order?? I'm not impressed with the customer service I have recieved already.

Hi Battywoman,

We would be able look into this for you but would not be able to process a cancellation if you wanted to take that method.

I'm slightly confused that this is being delivered by Hermes, we use Yodel to delivered our products to our customers. 

Let us know if you'd like further assistance we we'll see what we can advise after passing data protection 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn