cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of incoming caller id,s

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone for quite some time now i get a problem where when some-one calls me all i get is a number no name or caller id. if i do a phone reset caller id comes back. its definatly not because all my callers are witholding there id,s. when i recently changed my number with virgin mobie this problem disapeared for a while but notice over back past couple of days the problem is back. has anyone got any idea at all what this could be and how to solve this issue please. phone is an iphone 11.

33 REPLIES 33

Hi ernie2009,

This link is to an older post about the problem 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-region-switching-issue/m-p/4352631#M169469

By searching using “ Belgium “ you can find others, My wife and I still have the problem occasionally despite setting Roaming to manual as suggested.The method that Virgin Mobile uses to provide service causes some customers problems, particularly when roaming. My youngest daughter who is an O2 customer had no problems when on holiday with us in July , whereas my wife and I with Virgin’s version of O2 had various still unresolved problems 

Regards

Dave

hi zach, i have a contacts list in my iphone, at many times when my contacts call me i only get their numbers apear NOT a contacts name. to cure this i have to do a complete reste of my iphone. yes it did cure my partners same problem but DOES NOT cure same problem on my iphone. also over the past few wks my phone isnt being conected i.e i get told some of my contatcs have tried to call me and message they is sorry we are unable to connect you to this number. my daughter had this problem trying to call me on friday night and i switched my phone off then back on and people could then call me but no contacts id was coming up. hope this clarifies what im saying

Hi @ernie2009,

Thanks for expanding. Does the "No caller ID" message/issue appear on numbers that are not stored within your contacts too, or is it only your stored contacts that are affected?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hi zach, i assumed if not stored in my contacts list i wouldnt get a name come up anyway ( would i ? ) if i get a call from number outside of my contacts all i get is a number. surely some-one must know what the problem is. i have a second mobile with gif gaf with none of these probs whatsover

Hi @ernie2009,

If it's not a number listed in your contacts then it'll either display the number contacting you, or if they choose to withhold it then it'll be replaced with the message you're seeing as a result of this issue.

Are you able to check and confirm if a number not stored in your contacts is also presenting the same problem?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

if you rang me now all waht would show is a number. if i added your contact number and name when you rang your name would show. my problem is many many time all i get when my contacs call is anumber no name. all my contacts are not withholding nothing when they call in fact when this happens i get my partner and daughter to call me and all thats comes up is a number so they wouldnt be witholding nothing. i think its time to change provider as virgin dont seem to care and been going on far to long without any outcome. when my daughter is stranded and no callsthis. being conected im afraid it dosnt matter which way you want to go around it its out of order. many thanks for your help with 

Hi @ernie2009,

So, to clarify, what you're saying is that the issue with "No Caller ID" appearing when someone in your contacts calls you is intermittent and isn't constant/happening every single time?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

hi zach, just to confirm. i have 42 contacts stored in my iphone. today because ive done a reset on my phone when one of my contacts call me its hows their name. in a copuple of days maybe less maybe more when my contacts call a number apears no contact name. when the no name name situation occurs its every contact who calls and the only way ive found to get through this is another complete phone reset. hope this clarifies my position.

just to add also its consistent persistent when it happens untill i do a phone reset.

in a reply to user smoggy who is having same problems as me  vikki_m stated 

We are aware of the issue and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.    lets hope this issue is indeed sorted asap as becoming really annoying.