cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Dial Assist Problems

fraser4
Just joined

Since I updated to iOS 11.4.1 my iPhone X attempts to use dial assist for mobile numbers which start 07.  The calls then fail with unknown number.  Any number in my contacts that's stored with +44 works fine.  If I switch dial assist off then the 07 numbers work.

I did the firmware update while in Ireland so I'm wondering if the phone thinks it's in Ireland.  I've checked and the region is set to UK.

Does anyone have any ideas?

144 REPLIES 144

rasb0
On our wavelength

I’ll give it a go tomorrow and report back soon.👍

cazzawazza
Joining in

Did a factory reset about a month ago with my iPhone SE as advised by Apple......worked for a bit, then went wrong again after a week! I reckon it’s futile! ☹️

Just wanted to quickly add my name to the people who are finding this a problem. I just had to spend half an hour searching the internet to find out why I couldn't send a text message to my boss that he was expecting. This is not just frustrating and annoying, but also has implications for my future employment so I'd really be very interested in getting a solution to this problem.

derekterry
On our wavelength

I experimented with the reboot suggestion and found that it was successful 3 out of 3 when the Contacts App was closed and failed to resolve the format when Contacts remained open again 3 out of 3. Granted a small sample.

I also tried a "Reset Settings" which did not resolve the phone number format as it returned again within a day..

The final option is the full factory reset and then restore unless anyone has a less time consuming suggestion.

Just done a full reset and restore on my iPhone and the problems returned within a few hours. I have tried everything on this problem now. No help from virgin About this so will be requesting my PAC and try another provider to see if this will fix the issue as it seems to be a virgin network fault. 

Ashie2112

When you did the factory reset did you do a full install from scratch or restore your device from a backup?

I reset to factory and then installed all my apps and settings from a backup. 

derekterry

i did a full factory reset and then restored my iPhone from the cloud backup. Can still report that my phone hasn’t had any more phone format problems (fingers crossed). 

I came across this thread when trying to troubleshoot this issue for a friend. On his third visit to an Apple Store the person attending to him shouted to a colleague a description of the issue. The immediate response was "is he with Virgin?" My friend then changed networks. That was over a month ago and the problem has not appeared again.

Popping in to add my name to the list. 

IPhone xs and Virgin Mobile SIM. 

Intermittent issue. Very annoying..