Menu
dd02
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

got bill after new monthly contract canceled within 14 days monthly+account not been canceled properly

Hello,

I canceled my monthly contract started on 31/07/2020 within 14 days on 06 August as there is hardly any signal in my new home. I also asked the lady to downgrade my plan to pay as you go as before. The lady of your customer service told me everything sorted and I would not be charged any fee as I cancel it within 14 days and I could cancel the direct debit myself.  So I stopped using the SIM card and cancel direct debit since 06 August.

I received an email confirmation but saying that an early disconnection fee of £67.19 has been added to my bill and together with £12.86 monthly fee. The total amount will be £80.05. This is not what I was told by your customer service and against your terms and condition:  "If you have ordered the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home, and have entered into a new contract, you have the right to cancel those services within your 14 day cooling off period. You can cancel immediately during this time without having to pay an early disconnection fee."

Further more, it seems that my monthly contract is not canceled properly and will start after 06/09/2020 as it says in the email as follows:

"We've got your request to cancel your Virgin Mobile contract early. Everything's sorted. 

Your contract started on 31/07/2020 and was due to end on 30/07/2021, so an early disconnection fee of £67.19 has been added to your bill based on your new end date. 

As requested, we'll cancel your contract on 06/08/2020 - 05/09/2020. Until then, we'll bill you as normal and you'll have Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 6 GB Data to use a month as usual.  

Your next bill will also include any early disconnection fee. If you've already paid some or all of this by card, you'll see those payments on the bill too. "

I have called your customer service many time and never been get through. Hope someone here could kindly help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: got bill after new monthly contract canceled within 14 days monthly+account not been canceled...

Hi there dd02,

Sorry to hear about your contract issue and you're right, if you cancel within 14 days, there should be no charges. I've found your details and can see that you've spoken to someone since you last posted about this and has made the necessary corrections. Do you still have any queries relating to your mobile account? If so, please post back on here or send me a Private Message so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos