Menu
kateascatherine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cant send texts sms or messages

I have just changed device to samsung A41 and had no problems sending sms texts or via messages earlier in the week.   Now I can only receive them.  I have turned battery optimiser off and on, I have checked my limit and credit limit are fine and  the message centre number is fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled sms app.  I have turned the phone on and off . Nothing works.  I need this to keep in touch with my elderly parents who cannot use whatsapp or facebook messenger and live a long way away.

Catherine

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant send texts sms or messages

Hi there @kateascatherine 

Thanks for your post. Really sorry to hear that you've been having these issues with your SIM and not being able to use it fully. 

I've been able to locate your account and I can see that you have spoken to somebody and it does seem to be resolved. 

If this isn't the case and you need help please let me know and we'll go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kateascatherine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

still can't send messages with new sim and now cant make calls and get message " not registered on network"
I don't know if it is because I have not received a message to say the sim is activated but it has been over 24 hours now since I put it in the device

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @kateascatherine

I am sorry to understand that you're still having issues with your new SIM - did you activate the SIM via the instructions provided before inserting? 

Can you please reboot the device for me and try again? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kateascatherine
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I followed the instructions and popped sim in. I was not asked for a pin  and  got no activation text.  I have just turned it off fully and restarted. Making calls is now working but sending sms texts still gets "failed to send" message

0 Kudos
kateascatherine
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Correction it has now worked to send texts 

I did all the rebooting before but you must have sprinkled some magic 

thank you

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it @kateascatherine 🙂 

Pleased that all is now working for you again - thanks so much for popping back with your update. Have a good week and stay safe. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos