Menu
chrissyboi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

YOU JUST CUT OFF MY PHONES !!!!

I ordered a sim card online for a new phone (with new number) at the end of July - we were going on holiday the next day so I wanted it done before I left. During the process, it asked for extra verification at the end and the hit the submit button. At this point the web page just kept hanging... after about 20 mins of this I decided that effort was lost and started the process again. Same thing happened. I concluded that there probably would not be any sim card ordered - which was for my son anyway. I was wrong however, as a few days after we went away he sent a text saying that TWO sim cards had arrived.
When we got back home from holiday I checked my account online and sure enough, two new numbers (and accounts) had appeared in my account. I set about trying to contact VM to cancel one of them. Day after day, hour after hour, I was left hanging dry on a phone line. At the end of last week, and after a 50 odd minute wait, someone eventually came on the line ! I was doing cartwheels around the room ... ok, I wasn't really, but you get the picture. I explained my problem, and after getting it all out, was informed I would need to be transferred to another department ... the person I spoke with took some details before attempting to transfer, and I did explain how often and how long I had endured this process. It's NOT the only problems I've been having with VM at this point (I have a full tv/phone/BB package and SIX mobile accounts), and trying to get even the least little problem sorted has been a complete and utter NIGHTMARE with this company, who I have been with for 17 years, yeah since it was NTL owned!! I informed the opeartor that I was speaking to that if I couldn't get this contract cancelled on this attempt I would just be cancelling my direct debits, so after about another 30 odd mins wait the line just went dead. Total time wasted on this occassion was 1hour 28 mins.
I decided it was time to carry out my threat to cancel the Direct Debits, and did just that. 3 days later virgin media blocked the three mobile phones on my account from being able to dial our or send any texts or otherwise - there is others on my wife's account that do still work.

The behaviour from this company is utterly disgusting - I don't 'owe' them any money, there is no debt outstanding, and at the end of the day I have been a long term faithful customer for longer than they existed. Attempting to blame CoVid or anything else for the sloppiness of VM over the past 5/6 months is just a lame excuse. Me cancelling a direct debit instruction (actually I can c'celled several) is NOT a breach in any way of anything - I was well within my rights as VM was about to whip money from my bank for two sim cards which I didn't even realise had been successfully ordered, and was going to steal money from my account for god knows what - just like they have been doing for over a year now. Again, this is not a breach of any contract term on my part, but what THEY have done is most certainly a breach of contract and a malicious act to boot. For over 30 hours now we have been without the use of our service.

There's NO excuse for what you have just done. NONE. Utterly reprehensible.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: YOU JUST CUT OFF MY PHONES !!!!

Good Morning @Crissyboi 

A very warm welcome to the forums, thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues there. 

We wouldn't be to cancel the sim from here and as the 14 day cooling off period has expired we would advise that you raise a complaint in order to contest this, should you wish to find out how to raise a complaint you can find our complaint code of practice here

With cancelling the DD you would still be liable for any charges that are on the account, this would be reason for the phones being cut off. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
chrissyboi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update on this - thanks Zac for your reply.

I did get the problem sorted on Friday, after almost a two hour wait on the phone for the umpteenth time!

The DD cancellation happened just before payment was due, so this was the reason for 'restricted' service - I thought it had already been paid as my main DD was taken just a couple of days before I cancelled the DD's. Even so, I discovered the missed payment was the reason the same day it happened and promptly paid it. It still took almost 3 days to reconnect me, despite their claim that it will happen within 24 hours of payment being received.

Like I said, I have been a customer since NTL days (17 years) - Virgin's sledgehammer approach is just bang out of order.  I depend on my phones and access to them when I need it, not when VM thinks I deserve it, as my wife is disabled. You would like to think that after all these years of prompt payment that some kind of grace period would prevail before the sledgehammer comes out, but not so.

VM is just a another one of these corporate giants who suck off our money and care little if anything about it's customers. In the UK every service company we have these days is exactly the same, it's absolutely sickening - because changing supplier doesn't really make any difference, they ALL operate in virtually identical ways nowadays.

I forgot to add that I did get the contract cancelled also ... but the email received after that was making it clear that there was still a contract in place as far as VM concerned and charges will apply!!!  I have a feeling this story is not over yet.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks fro the update chrissyboi,

Sorry to hear you have had such a struggle trying to get these issues sorted out with our mobile team. This is not the customer service we aim to provide to any of our customers.

Have you filled in the online complaints form regarding the service you received? If you have we aim to respond within 7 days.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos