Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 111 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi calling

The SMS that is sent is that it's switched on at Virgin Media's end, but whether WiFi Calling is enabled at Virgin Media's end or not, if the device doesn't support Virgin Media's WiFi Calling setup, it won't work.

For Android, it's only Samsung devices that are supported at present, and even for those devices only with Android 10 with the April security update or later - as that's when the support for Virgin Media's WiFi Calling was added to Samsung's firmware.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 112 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Interesting that I have a new S20+ 5G. It has the German version of the firmware. Thought I would check it with my SIM cards, Vodafone and 3  before flashing BTU firmware  WiFi Calling and VoLTE working normally.

I would love to try a Virgin SIM but can't at the moment due to lock down . I'm leaving the firmware as is, hopefully to try in the future 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 113 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Does the other person calling me have to have WiFi calling on . What I’m trying to say if someone calls me from a landline would I still receive the call if I have WiFi calling on 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 114 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Hello

No the other person doesn't need to have wifi calling on, you will still receive the call even with wifi calling on, incoming calls are not done over wifi it is only the outgoing call.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 115 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Just turned WiFi calling on but it’s not working even though I have an iPhone 11 from Virgin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 116 of 123
Flag for a moderator

"No the other person doesn't need to have wifi calling on, you will still receive the call even with wifi calling on, incoming calls are not done over wifi it is only the outgoing call."

@DJ_Shadow1966 

That sounds confusing as I'm able to both send a receive when I only have WiFi whether the person calling is using Mobile, Landlines or whatever on both Vodafone and Three

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 117 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Will just stick with using network as WiFi calling won’t work for me , even though my phone is definitely compatible and from virgin . Tried turning it off and on several times but never get a text to say it’s activated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 118 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Have you rung Virgin to make sure its enabled their end?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 119 of 123
Flag for a moderator

No have not tried calling but looks like I’ll have to after trying several times with still no text message .

When your device is connected to a WiFi network, you’ll see WiFiCall displayed at the top of your device’s screen. We’ll also send you a text message when you first activate WiFi Calling.

Not seeing WiFiCall on your device when you’re connected to WiFi and making a phone call?

• Check your phone is compatible with Virgin Media WiFi Calling, using the list above
  • Make sure your device is updated with the latest software version
  • Switch WiFi Calling off and on again using the instructions above

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 120 of 123
Flag for a moderator

Is the activation text supposed to go through straight away ?

0 Kudos