cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling, Google Chat, Very Low Signal, VM app wont sign in

dantek
Tuning in

Just switched to VM from Vodafone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Unlocked.

1) New sim in and number ported over. No signal inside house VM is on Vodafone and as I was prevously on Vodafone I know the signal is rubbish however on Vodafone I used wifi calling. On VM the IMS isnt registered so eventhough wifi calling is selected in the settings, it wont connect. My phone in now useless at home with no signal.

2) Chat will not work. I get the option to switch it on under messages app but it just says registration failed.

3) Since my number ported over I cannot login to the VM app, it says my username or password is incorrect. It isnt and I can sometimes login online.

4) Am I able to cancel service as its under 14 days and get my number ported over to another network? If so how?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dantek,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Network and wifi calling since calling us. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have had a look at our systems and I can see you have very recently contacted our team regarding this. Has our team been able to assist with this? Do you need any further help? 

You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/how-to-cancel-mobile-contract

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes they have just said they have switched on wifi calling at your end, so Ill have to wait and see if this works

Hopefully sorting my app out too

wifi calling now working!!

Glad to hear this @dantek.

Are still needing help with your my VM app?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Arh it appears this has also been fixed!

Thanks

Just need to sort google chat now, for some reason I dont get the verification text for my number. Text messages are working fine other than verification texts

Thank you for letting us know @dantek.

Are you experiencing this with all verification texts? Can you specify where these texts are coming from?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

It appears to be just google

In this case, you may find the following link useful https://support.google.com/websearch/community?hl=en-GB

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team