Menu
teamfloyduk
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Calling with Huawei P20 Pro

Hi all,

I understand that Virgin now have wifi calling and my wife has a oomph sim contract with them but I can't find how to set this up on the Huawei P20 Pro. I could really do with being able to set this up as the signal is rubbish in the house.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Calling with Huawei P20 Pro

Hi teamfloyduk,

It doesn't look like your device is supported yet.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling 

You’ll need one of these devices to use 4G Calling:

Apple: iPhone SE, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE2, iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max and 12 Mini

Samsung: Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20+ 5G, Galaxy A51, A32 5G, A42 5G, A40, A41, A50, A12, A21s, A52 5G, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G, Note 20 5G and Note 20 Ultra 5G.

Huawei: P40

All of these devices support 4G Calling if they are bought directly from us. If you are using a device that was bought from another network, or SIM free, we cannot guarantee that it will support our 4G Calling service. If your supported device doesn’t have the 4G Calling option available, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version and reboot your device.

If your device isn’t supported yet, don’t worry, we’ll be adding 4G Calling to more devices soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
teamfloyduk
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, also reading throught the compatible phone list I notice that they also have to be bought from Virgin as well, so not looking good for people on sim only deals like my wife.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's about time Virgin updated that list  The S21 series is not included and how long has that been out!

If it is allowed you may have to turn it on in two places. The main menu and the dialer. Try pulling down the menu via the cog on the status bar and scroll through the icons

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

teamfloyduk
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Enlli,

Think I've been through just about every setting on her phone, I'm sure it's activated via the SIM card because the phone used to be mine and was an option within the settings when I had it with a Three contract. As usual Virgin are way behind any other providers.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think 3 use their own firmware, so even if Virgin did allow it you would require the Vanilla manufacturer's firmware as they have not modified phones for some time

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos