Menu
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 181 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why cant I make any phone calls?

I'm afraid it's my fault.  I gave 30 days notice to leave Virgin Mobile this morning just after 10am, and obviously they are really sad about it and have shut down the network.

(please note - this is a joke - well the 30 days notice bit isn't a joke but the rest is).

0 Kudos
Ihatethis9
Joining in
Message 182 of 237
Flag for a moderator

PDP error

Okay so....I cannot access the internet via mobile data for no clear reason. 

I keep getting the message PDP authentication error - my bus pass is on my phone and requires data so I can’t get home and I use my phone to pay for things and don’t carry a bank card so I am totally up the creek here. I can’t even access the virgin app. 

Just switched to virgin from vodaphone and it feels like a huge mistake right now. 

I am beyond angry at how badly this service has let me down. 

Can you help ? I would like to go home as I’ve been at work since 8:30am

I am also very hungry.

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 183 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 28 cant text call or go online

@paulchambers061 wrote:

Couldn't resist, maybe vm didn't pay the latest EE bill and got cut off (just as many vm customers have when they haven't paid bill, or direct debit not active). 

True, vm use ee's masts, there's some sorcery after that with them being a full mvno. 

Come to think of it, I wonder if the old red sim cards are still working. I'd guess 75% of users are like me on the purple sim cards. 

I've still got a red sim.  It still works, well it was working earlier anyway.  

0 Kudos
DuncanLunan
Settling in
Message 184 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Can not text or make a call

Can not make calls or text.  Neither can my wife.

0 Kudos
Louiseaugustus
Joining in
Message 185 of 237
Flag for a moderator

mobile

Why cant i send txts? This has been going on for 5 hrs now!

Highlighted
MiiH
Joining in
Message 186 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Strangely, the mobile I have on contract still not working but was just able to phone landline on the PAYG mobile (N. London)
0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 187 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network down when will it be fixed?!

This is Virgin Mobile you're talking about.  Virgin don't tell their customers anything much.  They've admitted there's a problem, that's probably as good as you're going to get.  

To be fair to Virgin I should think a fix for a nationwide problem is pretty difficult to estimate a fix time.  It's probably not even their problem, don't they use EE network?

0 Kudos
DuncanLunan
Settling in
Message 188 of 237
Flag for a moderator

Here too in Troon in Scotland.

0 Kudos
BIGSHOW545
Tuning in
Message 189 of 237
Flag for a moderator

New user, can't make outgoing calls.

Switched my provider from o2 to virgin and today was the day I was able to use my new phone for the first time but nothing cant make calls send texts I've tried all the fixes people have suggested but nothing I'm still in my 14 day cooling off period and might be using it I cant even get through to virgin not on this phone anyway have tried with a different phone waited 30 mins then got cut off not good enough Mr Branson I'm so ..... off right now need my phone like many others do on a day to day basis get it sorted!!!

0 Kudos
donnyman
Tuning in
Message 190 of 237
Flag for a moderator

can I claim a refund if I can not make calls due to virgin mobile network being down

can I claim a refund if I can not make calls due to virgin mobile network being down

0 Kudos