Menu
Ginbolero
Joining in
Message 151 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

I wrote a complaint on Resolver,  quoting ticket number P009299405. Virgin called me back after a week and agreed that it is a known fault and I could end my contract penalty free.

My next step would have been BBC Watchdog. If enough people write in to complain, I have a feeling VM may fix this ongoing problem.

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 152 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Done that.... and been told sorry, outside of the 14 days cooling off period...

0 Kudos
indie24
On our wavelength
Message 153 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I finally had enough after my previous posts and got my PAC for my 3 sims. I can't have messages and other issues such as calls going through to voicemail especially when contacting my 13 year old daughter. Just got 3 sims for EE now and paying £36 per month in total with 100b data I can gift to 3 sims. At least I know this issue will not happen and signal is much better with the added bonus of VoLTE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
envida
On our wavelength
Message 154 of 173
Flag for a moderator

I left Virgin Mobile about 10 months ago because of the delayed/missing push notification issue/messages combined with missing 2FA codes from Google (who at the time acknowledged a problem with VM which is more than VM did).

I just stopped by to see if this issue had been fixed, it obviously hasn't so I'll stay away.

For those expecting a quick fix, please don't! As I say I left approx 10 months ago and was having the issue for the months I was with Virgin before ending my contract early. 

Ginbolero
Joining in
Message 155 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Below is a link to BBC Watchdog complaints page.

If Virgin won't let you leave your contract penalty free even though it's a known network problem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

0 Kudos
Lee_VM
Tuning in
Message 156 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Well I've initiated a resolver complaint too, so will see what they say.

Seems rediculous they can't fix this!

0 Kudos
Adamdh
Up to speed
Message 157 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Now EE have launched unlimited data if they don't get this fixed quickly loads will move.

I'll pay little extra knowing everything is working as it should.

starkiller_uk
Joining in
Message 158 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for a while with whatts app and any other notification tryed all fixes possible. In the end even tryed going back to an older phone i know works, still same problem if this is not going to be fixed my next solution will be to switch networks and never return i can not go on missing messages from my gf and friends because virgin do not want to recognise the problem.

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 159 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Just spent 49min on hold trying to talk to someone, as VM failed to send me the deadlock letter, or call back.  

So not impressed with their attempt at customer service

0 Kudos
Lee_VM
Tuning in
Message 160 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Not ideal, but as per my post above, if you use a VPN on your phone the messages arrive instantly.  At least its a workaround for now.

0 Kudos