cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What mobile band/frequency at my Location

Locoshed
Joining in

Hi All

I only get 1 bar signal strength at my home. I am looking at getting a signal booster and would like to know what band/frequency I am getting from my local mast.

Any suggestions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That will depend on your mast. Vodafone round me uses 800MHz, 2100Mhz and 2600Mhz for 4G. Generally I'm connected to either  800MHz or 2100Mhz 

An app like NetMonster will display and keep a log of your connections. Network Cell Info is another one.

Remember Cell frequencies are liable to change over time as networks change things for 5G and enhanced 4G with the closure next year of 3G on Vodafone and EE.

What handset do you have as WiFi Calling would be a free and permanent solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That will depend on your mast. Vodafone round me uses 800MHz, 2100Mhz and 2600Mhz for 4G. Generally I'm connected to either  800MHz or 2100Mhz 

An app like NetMonster will display and keep a log of your connections. Network Cell Info is another one.

Remember Cell frequencies are liable to change over time as networks change things for 5G and enhanced 4G with the closure next year of 3G on Vodafone and EE.

What handset do you have as WiFi Calling would be a free and permanent solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the response.

I will try the apps.

When you say hand set I take it you refer to mobile phone. Which is a Samsung Galaxy S10e.

What is Wi Fi calling?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

WIFI Calling allows you to make and receive calls using WiFi when there is weak, or even no signal. 

Depending on the Version of Android your S10 is using there should be two switches.

The first is hidden somewhere in the buttons of the pull down menu. And the second in the settings of your phone dialer

As your phone is compatible with Virgin is they don't appear in your menus then Virgin may need to switch it on their end

Screenshot_20220504-195529_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220504-195610_Call settings.jpg

Thank you.

I have activated wifi calling and I see when it is active and it works.

I suppose I do not need a signal booster now.

I have also installed netmonster and working out whats what.

Much obliged for the assistance

Hi Locoshed, thank you for coming back to us!

So glad to hear that Wi-Fi calling has helped. 

Please do come back to us if you need any further help and support. All the best!

Molly