Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What happened to Customer Service??

Following a discussion here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WiFi-Calling/m-p/4368227# I rang sales and set up a new contract for a sim. Aug 24th.  

Sept 7th. today so I rang to say that nothing had happened. In summary there had been a hard credit check, approved, but the order was cancelled due to no further action. The customer service agent offered to start again. I refused that option because I would suffer yet another credit check, which affects my credit record. BTW all recent credit checks have been for phone contracts. I only want to end up with one contract for me and one for my wife but the only way to get a sim to test is apply for a contract.

Today the agent spent 17 minutes going around this loop and refusing to allow me to speak with manager or make a complaint. Finally i was dumped in a queue with voiceovers telling me that if I want to save 45 mins of my life I could go on line and read the standard answers to standard questions.

I must stress that until about 6 months ago I had been a loyal Virgin Mobile customer for 12+ years peaking at 4 sims. Never missed a payment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What happened to Customer Service??

Hi Skills88, thanks for your post.

Apologies for the bad experience when trying to start a new mobile contract. I can understand the frustration caused by the problem with the initial order - unfortunately there's no way of getting around the credit-check needing to be re-done though we can only apologise for that.

However it's extra disappointing to hear that a member of staff refused to log/escalate a complaint when requested. If you like we can do this for you from here & look further into what happened. If that's something you'd like to do please get back to me via PM.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're having so much trouble, why do you want to stay with Virgin?

I've been trying to leave since I signed up in April!

If I were you I'd take the experience you've had as a fair warning and a taste of things to come if you manage to sign up with Virgin.

Please for your own sanity go elsewhere and get a contract with another provider. ANY provider.  Anything is better than Virgin, even a cup and string at this point.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it's this difficult to give Virgin your money, imagine for a moment how difficult impossible it is to get anyone to answer the phone when you get a problem, or (woe betide) attempt to leave!

Seriously, take your chance to run away from Virgin and never look back.

0 Kudos