cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail pin while abroad

jackanoy
Joining in

Hi,

I'm currently away from the UK and need to access my voicemail. But it's asking for a pin that I don't remember setting. I tried all the important numbers I may have used but now it's locked and the customer service line tells me to come here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

340 REPLIES 340

Docmarty
Joining in

I've had the very same problem. I've never set up a pin for voicemail and now can't access while roaming.

I've also spent 50 mins with the online chat customer service who now tell me resetting the pin is not possible "from their end'.

So am I effectively left without a voicemail service for the remainder of my stay? If so, how can I claim a refund/cancel my contract?

Thanks

Martin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Docmarty wrote:

So am I effectively left without a voicemail service for the remainder of my stay? If so, how can I claim a refund/cancel my contract?

Thanks

Martin

If you want to use voicemail while you’re away, you’ll need to make sure it’s switched on before you go. Have a look at While You're Away for more information on voicemail costs abroad.

To switch on voicemail:

1. Log into virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount
  2. Click on Plan and device
  3. Click on Manage services
  4. From there you can select the option to turn on voicemail

You’ll also need to set up a Voicemail Pin before you go. Find out more about Virgin Mobile Voicemail including how to set up & manage your PIN.

To set up or remove voicemail diverts, just dial your voicemail and choose Message settings then follow the instructions. To adjust the divert settings on your phone see Virgin Mobile phone support.

Find out how to pick up your voicemails While You're Away.

Looks like Virgin is a phone hackers paradise. Setting a PIN is the first thing you should do when setting up Voicemail for the first time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Enlli

Since I left the UK 2 weeks ago, telling me I need to set up a pin for voicemail before I leave isn't that constructive, but thanks anyway.

Hi Docmarty,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are unable to access your Voicemail while abroad and that you can’t set up a pin.

This is something I can help you with, I will need to send a invite into a private chat so I can get your details and clear security, I will send this shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Docmarty,

Thanks for clearing Security, I have now reset your Voicemail and you will receive a new pin shortly, please follow the instructions once received?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Docmarty,

Thanks for coming back to me, you are very welcome I am glad resetting this for you has resolved you issues and that you can now receive Voicemail.

Regards

Paul.   

I am having the same issue. I recently ported my number to Virgin Mobile and am in France. I have notifications that I have Voicemail messages but it is asking for a PIN which I have never set. I am now locked out of Voicemail after 3 wrong attemps. 

I am not due to return to the UK for some time, can somebody please help 

Hello Nodsy

Sorry to hear you are not able to access your voicemails
I am more than happy to take a look at getting this reset
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you Gareth for responding quickly and resolving this issue for me. I really appreciate your help as I use the phone for business and was very concerned not being able to access messages 

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forum, Pickle665,

I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile account details and reset your voicemail pin.

Cheers,

Corey C