cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Number can't be reached from abroad

Johndowley
Tuning in

I'm in Europe for the summer and my voicemail number (+44745 8333222) has stopped working. I've rung the helpdesk so many times its driving me mad.... Basically i ring this number and I get continuous beeping about twice a second. It was working when i first got here. Any ideas please? 

Same is happening with my wifes phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again and sorry to hear you've tried all these and nothing worked, johndowley.

Just to see if it's a matter of the local provider, could you please try manually searching for a local network other than the one you're connected to at the minute and see if this clears the issue for you?

Please, test this and let us know if it helps, glad to further assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Johndowley, thanks for posting here on our forum page with your issue.

We're sorry to hear of the fault with your voicemail service, could you please visit this link here where you can find all our info about voicemail and how to use it?
You may seek fixes on certain issues as well as how to add/remove the feature, please try removing and adding the voicemail back on to see if this problem clears out? 

Let us know if this helps or you need our support to get this sorted, we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

I already know how to set up and use my voicemail so this isn't very helpful.

If you read the question I am posing its I can't get through on the number to get access to my vociemail.

I've had it reset 4 times and changed loads of settings but the number (222) won't allow me to gain access...

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply and for confirming you've already tried this, johndowley.

Sorry to hear this did not help clear out the issue, we did not mean to insult you by suggesting this - it's a standard check we should do in this case.
Does the same thing happen if instead of 222 you press down and hold 1 on your keypad?
Did you use a PIN to access your voicemail or you never reached that point previously due to this issue?

The more you share with us the best the advice we can offer, let us know and we're eager to help.

Adri
Forum Team

apologies i didn't mean to be rude but the service was working quite well then stopped... Very odd.

Have reset pins, turned off dial assist, reset network settings, restarted the voicemail losing my messages, and a few other things.

Its really odd...

Any ideas rather than basic stuff would be really helpful. mind you it could be something really basic. Both mine and my partners phone have had the same issue.

Could it be the european carrier or the O2 integration?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again and sorry to hear you've tried all these and nothing worked, johndowley.

Just to see if it's a matter of the local provider, could you please try manually searching for a local network other than the one you're connected to at the minute and see if this clears the issue for you?

Please, test this and let us know if it helps, glad to further assist.

Adri
Forum Team

That worked finally so thanks so much. Appears the issue is with COSMOTE. They must block this number.  Wind GR works…. Taken ages to sort but we made it thanks!!!!

This is great to hear @Johndowley

Glad that we've been able to get this resolved for you finally. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be here on the community forums to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley