cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile Account Registration Problem

crampet
Joining in

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter digits from my security answer but I have never set one up.  My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

In the instructions for registering it says after I give my Mobile Number, I should receive a text with a code. I have tried several times and have never received a code. Is this the issue?

73 REPLIES 73

The whole process is very muddled.

(1) It asks for my mobile number, which I input, then I 'Continue'

(2) It asks for my mother's surname, which I input, only to be told it's wrong

(3) I retry changing case of the initial letter, which still is wrong

(4) Sometimes the reCaptcha box pops open

(5) I tick the reCaptcha box and 'Continue'

(6) Sometimes the block of pictures open for verification... but sometimes it doesn't

(7) I select the appropriate pictures, and sometimes they react correctly and sometimes they refuse to stay ticked

(8) I submit my ticked pictures and go back to step 4 above!

This is a recurring loop - a frustrating, recurring loop.

I appreciate that we're in extraordinary times right now, but any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Hey bgglp,

Sorry to hear that the problem is persisting.

I'll pop you over a PM so I can try to resolve the issue from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Thank you Beth.

You've managed to solve the problem for me. I'm now able to log into my account with no problem.

Nice one!!!

Hi bgglp,

I'm glad I was able to help out 🙂

If you need anything else just give us a shout.

Kindest regards,

Beth

Beth

I’m having the exact same problems as above. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Hello I am also having the same issue.

I have spent half hour on the phone as my security question/answer were not set up.

Then when sorted out I try to set up a password on the next screen and although all green ticks and several attempts at various passwords it keeps saying that I am need to check password rules and will not progress.

Keep trying different passwords all the time leading to ticks saying ok then the same message. 

Tried different browsers and the same result.

I have never know setting up an account to be so problematic and difficult. Please can someone help.

ok I worked it out - did not like two letters the same in a row (or numbers for that fact) - my fault it does say this in the rules but should not really show a green tick if it is not correct as the rules then go out of site.

Hello, 

I had my sim card delivered but can't register in order to import my puc code.

I've haven't registered yet it's asking for my mother's maiden name and not accepting the answer. I didn't set these security questions on the phone.

Thanks, 

Corinne 

Sabuchan
Joining in

I am also having the same problems. 

Never registered for a mobile account and mother’s maiden name is wrong, therefore I can’t proceed to input PAC code. 

When calling 789, I also received no answer.

Hi Cozzieg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry you're having some trouble getting into your online account and porting your number over, this isn't good. 

We will need to have a closer look via a personal message to help with this, therefore I'll send one now and we'll get the ball rolling. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team