cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPNs blocked on Virgin Mobile

kentish
Joining in

Hi

I've just been told by someone on the Virgin Mobile support line that they won't allow any mobile data traffic through a VPN. I want to use Nord VPN on my phone. It seemed to work fine up until early 2022, maybe coinciding with the change to Vodafone from EE.

Has anyone been able to use a VPN on Virgin Mobile?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kentish,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues using a VPN, are you able to connect without using the VPN?

Alex_Rm

Hi - thanks for your reply.

Generally my mobile service has been great until early this year. I had been using the VPN most of the time and no difference with or without. Over the last month or so mobile data has been slower at home and at work. When connected via VPN would sometimes be OK, other times would need to disconnect VPN and mobile data would then flow straight away.

I'm not sure if the Vodafone change is to blame for generally slower speed and also the VPN blocking. If improvements can't be made by adjusting settings then I'll move providers. I was with EE for years and they always been very fast - likely go back to them.

Thanks for getting back to us kentish,

As a company we don't support VPNs, if you are able to use the service fine by passing this we would recommend doing so.

Alex_Rm

Never trust any VPN advertised on TV
Just my opinion but when you get malware like any Norton products advertised on TV
you do have to have some skepticism