cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted sales calls

Lucius99
Joining in

I receive lots of calls from Asian callers trying to sell Virgin upgrades etc, which are obvious scams as the dial codes are from obscure parts of Britain but recently I have bee getting daily calls from these numbers 0800 183 6411 and 0800 408 9340. at the same time a Virgin Media logo flashes up on my phone. Invariably I tell these callers who are rude and unhelpful where they can stick their offers as they cannot prove that they are from Virgin Media. These numbers are widely reported on the net and there is confusion as to whether they are scam or just a very poor and annoying service from Virgin. Can someone confirm that they are indeed scams? 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Lucius99, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are getting some spam calls.

We do have teams which do reach out from time to time.

Both of these numbers belong to us and they are from the outbound retention team.

You can opt out of these calls via this link if you wish. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Wow - Thanks for confirming that. I think Virgin should see how many times these awful calls have been reported as scams on the net. Something needs to be done about these. Ringing daily, even at 8.00 in the evening. These callers are totally unprofessional and now I know I will be opting out and blocking these numbers. These idiots offer to upgrade a Virgin phone that I don't have and then when they ask me for my details I say to them. "how do I know you are from Virgin? Prove it" At that point they hang up! What a totally unprofessional outfit Virgin Media are. 

Matt - The link you gave is for opting out of Postal services. I need a link to opt out of harassing phone calls! 

Thank you for letting me know and I will feed this back.

If you log into that link, go down it should allow you to opt of out marketing including calls.

You just need to make sure you are logged in.

You can also feel free to block the number if you wish. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?