Menu
gaz2903
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited Data......don't expect to be able to use it though!! Barely connects to internet

My data connection/speed is being 'strangled' making my device unusable at a time of day when i actually need to use the internet. I'm saying not being able to even run a speed test due to little or no data connection. 

It's not my device or any number other lame excuses that are often given.

I tether my internet connection from my phone to my pc/fire tv for internet use and can only successfully do so at ridiculous times of the morning........like 4am!! When i actually need to use the internet and normal times of the day, THE SERVICE IS USELESS!

I have run multiple speed tests to verify this and my data connection is clearly being slowed down by Virgin at normal times of the day.

During my normal contracted period i was paying for 100gb of data and had no issues. Infact i use to often post on many social media platforms snapshots of my speeds and data plan, boasting how good virgin mobile was! 

My plan was changed by virgin after my 24month contract ended to 'UNLIMITED' data and since then has just gone down hill with reliability of service. 

I don't want any suggestions to try this and try that as I've already done it. Someone from virgin reading this just needs to sort this issue by forwarding this post to whoever it needs to be shown to and then contacting me. I don't really want to have to switch provider and waste my time leaving a load of Negativity. 

Below are speed test results:

gaz2903_0-1622868886992.pnggaz2903_1-1622868953668.pnggaz2903_2-1622868998632.png

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data......don't expect to be able to use it though!! Barely connects to internet

I wonder since you have changed your plan if it has moved you over now to Vodafone rather than EE. Sounds a very likely problem. If you do a network scan, do you get to see EE on the list or Vodafone, If you see one or the other it would explain what network you're on.

Jamie
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited Data......don't expect to be able to use it though!! Barely connects to internet

Hi @gaz2903,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been having these issues. 

Have you been through the troubleshooting steps here at all? Appreciate you saying you have done everything but you've not specified what steps have been taken thus far.

Cheers  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos