Menu
Redis
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive calls on 4G

I am with Virgin Mobile a bit over a year now and this issue has not been solved yet.

When I am on 4G network my phone won't receive calls. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail without my phone ringing.

If I change to 3G or 2G network manually then it receives the calls. I sometimes have to use my phone in this setting otherwise I won't receive calls but then the internet speed goes down dramatically.

I have already tried all the solutions such as manually selecting Virgin 4G network or trying to select another network and switching the phone off and on. Checked EE network and there is no problem reported in my area.

Recently has been sent a new SIM card because apparently I was using an outdated SIM card and the new one came today but still the same problem persists.

I have spoken to customer services and after trying all the possible solutions they think the phone is the problem but I have been with Three for years and used it in the same phone and never had this problem. My phone is OnePlus 3T.

Sort of the last hope I am writing here maybe there is a solution, if not I'd have to switch to another network

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive calls on 4G

Virgin mobile cannot make phone calls over 4G unlike three, so it might have something to do with your phone not switching to 3g when  a call comes.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

This is something which has hit a number of people.

Usually ends with one of the Forum Team picking it up, then the threads go quiet. So I imagine it gets fixed but the resolution never gets posted.

Give it up to a week for some help from the Forum Team here, fingers crossed they can sort it for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Redis
Joining in
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I have seen a few people posted for the same issue but never posted an update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Redis
Joining in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Today I have tried to receive a call in a different location still on 4G and it worked. That means the problem is the 4G network around my house or in certain locations
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

There does seem to be some issue with Virgin's CSFB setup of dropping phones to 2G/3G for voice calls. A low-level issue for sure, but there's too many reports of similar symptoms.

Odd, I'd expect to see far more reports on the EE forum if it were widespread across all EE's non-VoLTE customers (which includes all prepay) - and there isn't.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@japitts

It has been a problem though for the MVNO's (Virgin and Plusnet) since 2017 till present, searching "calls straight to voicemail" brings so many results on both forums 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Redis,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear of the call issues you've been having, how are things since your post?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Redis
Joining in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I am still experiencing the issue. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Redis, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still affected by this issue. 

Please can you login into your online Virgin Mobile account and select the 'Phone Fix' tool and follow the diagnostics on there. 

Please keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Dean C

0 Kudos