Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trade up issue

After reviewing comment after comment from dissatisfied customers of virgin it seems like I have the same issue ?

i traded my daughters phones up for new Pro max for Christmas to be told they would offer £195.00 for each phone , the phones were immaculate no damage what so ever and yet received as other posts suggests that there now seems to be a fault on both phones resulting in counter offer of £76.00 for each phone reason being one has a LCD fault & the other has a Glass damage ? 

I'm furious as both phones were immaculate, I no exactly what I’m going to face tomorrow when I call customer services to be sent to department after department, surly this must be stopped I’ve been a virgin customer for years and yet I feel like other customers do also that I’m being robbed .

please advise ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade up issue

Thank you for your post Familyguy2000 and welcome to our community.

When using our handset recycle service, you may reject the revised offer and we will return the handsets to you but we are unable to enter into correspondence in regards to the amount of the offer. You can read more into the terms and conditions of our recycling service here which includes the below.

8. Our assessment of the condition of your phone is final and at our complete discretion. We will not enter into correspondence about our decision. If you are unhappy with a revised Offer you may reject the Offer and we will return your phone.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emily 

thank you for your reply although I was fully aware of your trade up policy but as stated it’s some what funny how majority of your trade up customers have a letter stating that there trade ups are either LCD or glass damaged resulting in reducing the trade up fee ! 

The phones were immaculate when I posted to virgin ? No faults whatsoever! 

as expected I called virgin this morning and told that my case will be put in to the hands of another department, the representative gave me her employment ref number S7855810

We had the phones to be opened on Christmas Day & once received one of the new pro max couldn’t read the SIM card so we had to wait a further 3 days to receive another sim which worked , my question is could we decline the new upgrades & have our old phones returned then if I’m honest I’d rather pay of the contract and move them to my business contract being ee whom are excellent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's at the complete discretion of the team I'm afraid, if you'd like to reject the offer you can contact the mobile team on 789/0345 600 0789 who can go through this with you. If you are within the 14 day cooling off period of your contract you're able to cancel this with no early disconnection fees as well. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos