Menu
balooja79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Terrible experience with Virgin mobile

Whilst off on isolation with a really sick child I decided I was going to purchase a new mobile phone Samsung A41 my attention was drawn to this when it was advertised with the nintendo switch. He was really excited and I spoke online chat to virgin for 1 hour and when I was put on hold whilst they do the contract agreement. The agent come back to me and said your credit check will only allow you to get a Huawei ( rubbish ) I then phoned virgin media and asked for a credit check which was perfect. I explained what mobile I wanted and it came with the nintendo. This was fine and the process was all going through and virgin media had taken £135 from my ban

k. Puts me on hold whilst the whole process goes through. Then comes back to me and tells me that's all fine going through but the only problem is there will be no nintendo with that mobile they can't do it. I asked for the £135 to be refunded back to my card and the agent said they can't do that. I asked for the manager who was too busy. And was then told if I had a problem take it up with my bank, totally misleading, false advertisement and poor customer service. Don't fall for this one guys. Go elsewhere 2 hours wasted, £135 down. Total joke.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terrible experience with Virgin mobile

You're not £135 and a Nintendo down.  If that's what as offered, and you relied upon it when making the payment, then under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 then that's part of the deal and contractually binding on Virgin Media.  No matter what, they can't change the terms after you've paid.

I'll flag your post to see if the forum staff can get this resolved amicably, because that will be quickest and easiest for you (see next paragraph for your other options), but don't accept any compromise - hold out for what you agreed to.

If the forum staff can't get that deal resolved to your complete satisfaction, then you do have good options, but be aware they will take some weeks, maybe some months to get sorted.  For a start, read and follow Virgin Media's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice to raise a formal complaint - and do it by letter and recorded post, because VM are sadly deficient in managing electronic communications, including their own unreliable web complaints form.

In the complaint, explain the background, what you agreed to, what then happened, and state that you want that original promised deal honoured, that you want compensation for the exceptionally poor service and hassle, and that if the complaint is not resolved in eight weeks, then you will escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (work a lot like the Energy Ombudsman).  CISAS can be easily found online (or details in the code of practice, but you must have formally complained to the company and have given them 8 weeks to resolve your complaint - but you don't have to accept the company's offer. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible experience with Virgin mobile

Hi balooja79,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the mobile phone you wanted and weren't able to get the Nintendo Switch you originally wanted.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos