Menu
Harry_Singh_21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Someone opened a account in my name

PLEASE HELP!

Hi there,

Someone had opened an mobile account with yourselves using my name and address July 2020. Now I have been in touch with yourselves on the phone to try get this resolved. Nothing has been done! Come September 2020 I have found out that the account has defaulted and been passed on to debt collections agency. I keep having to request a call back from the fraud team and missed one call so I have requested another one. Please can someone help as now you have informed the debt collection agency it is not fraud when it certainly is!

0 Kudos
Danny08
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone opened a account in my name

Hello, 

If someone used your name, then this would be classed as fraud you should contact action fraud police you should request your credit file. Then dispute this to with your credit agent.   

0 Kudos
Harry_Singh_21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there thanks for your reply,

I shall do that but what should I do with the so called £700 debt that’s with a debt collections agency? 

0 Kudos
Danny08
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

Once you have reported.

You will be given Police incident number or crime number. You should then sign-up with clear score or other credit agent to retrieve your credit record then you would able to dispute it. Then contact the debt collection agency give them a police incident number or crime number. They will then investigate further. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry_Singh_21,

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums. 

I will pop you over a PM if you could give me all the details you have in relation to this I can flag it to our fraud team 

Zoie

0 Kudos