cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else is using my identity

Thava_A
Joining in

Hi,

On 21st of Octorber 2021, there is a check has been done and application has been made by Virgin media which I didn't do. I called them and reported the identity fraud to Virgin media team as soon as  I found it. The women I spoke to she filled up a form regarding this fraud. She told me that I will get a call back from vrigin fraud prevention team in 5 working days. So I waited for 5 working days, however, I have received any call. Therefore, I called Virgin media back after three weeks. Now they are asking for some kind of password which I haven't got or hasn't been given to me. I am worrying about that this might go on my credit report. Can anyone help me with this please? Virgin media's customer service is shocking

5 REPLIES 5

Thava_A
Joining in
All this identity fraud happen using my name and my previous address which I moved out 2 years ago. I don't know how can credit agencies allow this happen.

Hi @Thava_A

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of this allegation and dispute you've got. I will send you a PM now to get some details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, On my credit report it shows two paymens in arrears. This is still not sorted. What are you guys doing. How come big company like Virgin did credit agreement on my previous address which I moved around 2 years ago. Virgin irresponsible action affecting my credit history. Can you please do something. I am stressed out. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Thava_A,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I can see that you spoke to our agent John in a private message regarding this previously.

As the account is not in your name, we would not be able to update you on this. The two payments on your credit file should be removed once the relevant team has resolved this. 

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Thanks for your response, It is not in my name, why wouldn't you remove it. Why it takes this long to do it. May I atleast know how long will it take? I can't even get mortgage out because of these two payments in arrears. Can you please contact to the relavent team please?