Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim not valid

Hello. 

My mother in law has received a new sim for her mobile. I have tried changing her sim over today, but every time I insert it it comes up as sim not valid. Looking around I see others are having the same issue. Her Nokia is very old, but can’t remember the model. If someone could get back to me on how to sort it I would be greatful. Her old sim works fine in the phone. She relies on her phone a lot when out shopping. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not valid

Hi, this happened to me, I have a Pay As You Go Nokia 2310. I phoned Virgin mobile yesterday. Took ages to get through but they are going to send me a new phone.(It will be a touch screen one though not a push button one like my 2310). They needed the IMEI number so maybe have that handy. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LazyDaisy321, this is the problem I have and am having no joy whatsoever. Was it the 789 number you called ? As I have been trying that number today and just get a recorded message about them 'sending me a link', which is obviously no use for these phones. How did you get to speak with a technical person please ?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grey66, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're also having this issue, I appreciate the frustration. 

I can see that you've done another post and have had an answer from our community. 

Has this resolved the issue?

If not then please let us know so we can assist further.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie23, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that your mother in law is having an issue with her new phone, we'll need to have a closer look. 

Firstly, it does sound like the SIM hasn't been activated as the old one is still working but SIM not valid does point towards the phone not being unlocked. 

I'll pop you a message now as I can appreciate you're both keen for this to be resolved.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos