Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sent new SIM (for network upgrade) but for totally wrong phone number!

Hi there

Could someone from Virgin please help me? I have been sent a new SIM for my mobile (which I did not request) by Virgin due to the network upgrade. However, the e-mail and subsequent letter enclosing the new SIM quote a completely different mobile number!

The FAQs on the reverse of the letter say that my mobile number will not change, but it says "your mobile number stays the same and is on the front of this letter." Given that the number on the front of the letter is a different number I am worried that my old number will be lost.

So that you can look into it (but without giving any personal info) the order number is quoted as: 1000001033543868.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sent new SIM (for network upgrade) but for totally wrong phone number!

Have you used the new SIM?

If not keep the old one in. It will not stop working. And then sort out things one all things are working again

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks enlli (VIP)

I haven’t used the new SIM yet, and plan to keep the old one for the time being. However, the FAQs on the reverse of the letter says:-

What happens if I don’t swap my SIM to the new one?
In the near future we’ll be deactivating old SIM cards, meaning you won’t be able to use your phone to make any calls, texts or use any data until you’ve swapped SIMs  Please swap over in the next 30 days to keep your service up and running

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Eventually, but the 30 days actually refers to the new SIM, not that you would know it from the wording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks enlli for your help!

0 Kudos