cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambled calls

Andarney
Joining in

Every call I get in my mobile are scrambled and drop out. The noise is a squeaking alien noise! Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @Andarney, and I'm sorry to hear of the poor quality of calls you're experiencing on your mobile phone.

Can you please advise me if you experience the calls in one location or in multiple locations?

Have you attempted to use the SIM card in an alternative handset?

It would also be helpful to know more about the device you're using, what make and model is this? Can you tell us the age of the handset and where this was purchased from? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_BN

I'm house bound so I rarely move out!  Mostly it occurs when I ring out. I have not got another handset to try.

My phone is a Samsung A10 and I've had it about 18 months. Purchased through Amazon.

The mobile has worked perfectly until the last 3/4 weeks.

I've also been experiencing Wi-Fi problems which is or was being dealt with separately.

Regards

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for letting us know.

I have just checked your home postcode area into the Vodafone coverage checker, and it appears that your local phone mast is currently down due to maintenance and upgrades. The upgrades are due to be completed by tomorrow at 6pm, so can you please reboot your handset at that time and let us know if you have any further issues from there?

If you'd like to check the Vodafone coverage checker for yourself, you can click here. If you ever had any issues in future, you can check there to see if any of the local phone masts are under maintenance/experiencing a fault.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth