cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Text

BelCol89
Joining in

I have started getting unsolicited Text messages from a company called AlertsForYou.co.uk saying that I am a member and the will send me Text alerts for £1.50 per message. I have never heard of these people, I have not used my mobile number to sign up to anyone nor have i given it to anyone online. The current phone numbers they are using are 03300570895 and 88222 , sending STOP to these numbers do not work. Before I decided to change my number , how can I get these text messages Stopped? They have already taken money from my account. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @BelCol89, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the scam text messages.

The service does appear to have a website - https://alertsforyou.co.uk/contact.php

Interestingly enough, the website states;

"Please do not use the form below to contact us about issues relating to the companies featured on this website. We are an independent call connection service and not associated in any way with them. We will not be able to respond to any emails of this type and suggest contacting the company directly. It is strongly advised to not include any personal data when contacting us, apart from your email and name. Thank you."

Reading into that, it may be the case of you using a service that has a connection with AlertsForYou.co.uk and you've possibly unknowingly opted into this service.

If that rings any bells, it may be worth speaking to that service/business set up too

Kindest regards,

David