Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SMS sending from website without my handset?

I've seen some mobile accounts that provide an online web form to send SMS messages from the user's account without a handset. This would be useful for dumb phone users like me, permitting text messaging with a documented record.

Right now I'm having trouble contacting an airline's customer service line, and I hope to be able to log a message on my case so they can see I need help. I don't use social media and they've removed the web form from their website. I suspect they're trying to cover their tracks and foreclose negotiation while blaming a heavy call volume. So I need to be able to document all my communications.

I don't know whether their number will receive SMS but if I could message them straight out of Virgin's website I might be able to track delivery from here too.

This could be a great social service from Virgin Mobile during the pandemic “:0)

Stay safe, and be kind

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SMS sending from website without my handset?

Hello

There is no option available from Virginmedia to allow a SMS to be sent from their website I am afraid.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Mike,

I thought that would be the case. It would be a helpful addition though. Maybe they'll consider it.

I'm grateful for your info. All the best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How about

THIS 

There is another app, mysms which sends and recieves for free, but you need to pay for premium to get archiving features.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nice idea Kippies,

It has some interesting features, maybe even more than I'd need. I wouldn't be able to use it without syncing to a smartphone; that would  scupper me. I love my little Nokia 101, but it ain't that sophisticated!

But I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks for contributing. “:0)

0 Kudos