Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SIM upgrade

Hello,

My Mother received a purple sim upgrade many weeks ago. She has an old PAYG Nokia phone, so I bought her a unlocked, SIM free Doro 1360. I put the SIM in and its been working fine and her credit from the old SIM was transferred to the Doro. However, my mother is now getting texts saying "Urgent Action Required"  and that call and texts will stop working on her phone. She has had another text today with a similar message and that another SIM is on its way and to use it or the phone will stop working.

What's going on? Do I have to put the latest SIM in her phone? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM upgrade

Hi Robb5, 

Thank you for your post. 

The short answer to this is - yes. Let me know if you have done this yet, if not don't worry give me a shout and I will talk you through it. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for this. Ctm Service check the number on the new SIM that I put in her phone several weeks ago and said the texts about  "a replacement new sim being sent out out" were sent to everybody.

If I ran an upgrade project like this one, I would get fired, demoted, or moved side ways. Its been appalling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise for the frustration and any upset caused by this and it has been fedback. 

Can you confirm everything is working fine for your mother now?

Please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos